Integra dtr 6.4 subwoofer Jack?

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Hi all. I have an Integra dtr 6.4 that sounds pretty good to my ears. But I'm having trouble getting my sub to work. There is an rca input Jack on back of the unit, there are setup entries that control sub:eek:n/off and also crossover points. Nothing I've done seems to work though. Anyone have any experience with these guys? Thanks in advance for any tips
D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is this a new-to-you avr? How about the sub? What are you testing with? Music or a movie with .1ch content (or both)? You sure you are using the sub pre-out rather than multi-ch/dvd-in jacks for the sub?

Does your unit automatically set your speakers to enable bass management when you use a crossover (seems my Onkyo does that, or calls them "full range" otherwise)?

If all normal settings don't get your sub to work (and we're assuming you definitely have a working sub and is setup appropriately), you might try a reset of the avr, first a soft one (just unplugging it for a bit) and perhaps a full/microprocessor reset if that doesn't do it.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Interested in the full reset. Got a link to one?
Yes, working sub. Not exactly sure on the settings. Testing with music. New to me avr.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Also, the remote is weird... I can't seem to get it to much other than on/off and volome.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Interested in the full reset. Got a link to one?
Yes, working sub. Not exactly sure on the settings. Testing with music. New to me avr.
One thing that's a good start with a used unit is to do the reset, in your manual on pg 78.

Music needs the bass management to play thru the sub, so is that enabled? You're not sure of the sub settings or just the avr?

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Nope, didn't change anything... I think my rca output Jack is broken inside... Wiring or something. I can calibrate the speakers in the settings, and the left and right speakers display and make a noise, but then when I select sub, it displays on the receiver, but the sub does not make any noise.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nope, didn't change anything... I think my rca output Jack is broken inside... Wiring or something. I can calibrate the speakers in the settings, and the left and right speakers display and make a noise, but then when I select sub, it displays on the receiver, but the sub does not make any noise.
Could be. Used gear has it's potential issues.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Glad it worked out. Integra is good avr for the price. I have a middle end Integra 20.4 5.1 that I got used as well.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
I've found settings in it that are so incredible... something about the degree of listening angle... And a widening something-or-other. Amazing

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Double bass. I'm not sure what it is, but when I turned on, voilã!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Double bass. I'm not sure what it is, but when I turned on, voilã!
That's a way to duplicate bass between speaker and sub. Probably more noticeable with music since there's no .1ch to begin with. Not something I use.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
That's a good question, and I will try it out tomorrow and let you know. (Anything inparticular I might notice?)

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
That's a good question, and I will try it out tomorrow and let you know. (Anything inparticular I might notice?)
That the sub will work :) is recommend small over double bass, without knowing you speakers. In AVRs it has to be setup that way if using a sub. Also note some direct modes will not output to the sub as well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So this whole time you've had your setup instructed not to use the sub except for LFE?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis