Integra DTR 6.4 & DCP 7.5 replacements

E

evetS

Audiophyte
Be patient, I’m new ! Lightning strike took out my home theater components and I could really use you guys advice. My system was professionally installed in 2004/2005 speakers, sub, projector, chairs, lighting, compete package and really enjoyed it. I know it’s obsolete now, but I’m unsure of what to purchase . Insurance going to pay for my bad components, but I don’t know what comparable replacements to go with that would be fair to me and the insurance company? I understand possible updated wiring and so on, any advice would be MOST appreciated ! Company that installed mine is out of business. Thanks in advance!!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Are they the only 2 units damaged? Are you going to upgrade the projector? What is your speaker layout?

E

evetS

Audiophyte
Are they the only 2 units damaged? Are you going to upgrade the projector? What is your speaker layout?
projector is epson powerlite cinema 500, it’s mounted up inside a drop ceiling and shoots through a cored hole in a wood support beam, I can replace if need be but new install not going to be fun. Speakers are mounted left right and center of the projector screen with 2 speakers in the ceiling behind theater chairs with a monitor subwoofer model fb110 to the left of my seats at floor level. I’m unsure of the speakers make and model, but can dismantle a few things and get to them if helps out !!
Thanks!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
projector is epson powerlite cinema 500, it’s mounted up inside a drop ceiling and shoots through a cored hole in a wood support beam, I can replace if need be but new install not going to be fun. Speakers are mounted left right and center of the projector screen with 2 speakers in the ceiling behind theater chairs with a monitor subwoofer model fb110 to the left of my seats at floor level. I’m unsure of the speakers make and model, but can dismantle a few things and get to them if helps out !!
Thanks!
Just trying to determine if you need seperates, or just an AVR.

E

evetS

Audiophyte
Just trying to determine if you need seperates, or just an AVR.
Need DVD changer and AV receiver just to get back to square one. The age on my gear is going to require some updating for sure, unsure of how far to go with it all or what to purchase. Insurance going to be responsible for DVD and AV unit, rest is going to be out of pocket. But since I’m going to replace bad units anyway, I don’t mind investing in an upgrade as well. The AV world has long advanced beyond my minimal knowledge from 2004/2005. Advice will be well received.
thanks again !

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
There still some CD changers on the market, but DVD not so much. What's the need for the changer as opposed to a single player or ripping to a computer and using a media player?

E

evetS

Audiophyte
There still some CD changers on the market, but DVD not so much. What's the need for the changer as opposed to a single player or ripping to a computer and using a media player?
Guess single DVD would be fine, I liked how prior system was matched and integrated, one remote did everything and all gear was/is mounted neatly in hidden cabinet with all cables fished through walls & ceiling, live in very rural area, no access to internet other than hugesnet(crap) can’t stream even though got there big package. Just got used to DVD, I’m really open to anything and appreciate the help. I’m WAY behind on technology that’s available and hoping you guys can steer me in good direction. My insurance guy is wanting $$ amounts, and I don’t even know what’s equivalent to my current fried gear !!
I don’t mind purchasing new projector as well, but don’t know what’s a good upgrade to the current epson powerlite 500 ? Really don’t want to be PIA, but I’m lost for sure.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
The PJ would be a nice upgrade, maybe @BMXTRIX can chime in since he is current with the scene and would know the best values.

I'm sure you can get a unit that will control both Bluray and AVR, or you can get a cheap harmony universal to control everything.

Since you are running just a 5 channel setup, most any midrange AVR will do the trick. Denon x3500 is probably one of the best bang for your buck units.

E

evetS

Audiophyte
The PJ would be a nice upgrade, maybe @BMXTRIX can chime in since he is current with the scene and would know the best values.

I'm sure you can get a unit that will control both Bluray and AVR, or you can get a cheap harmony universal to control everything.

Since you are running just a 5 channel setup, most any midrange AVR will do the trick. Denon x3500 is probably one of the best bang for your buck units.

thanks for the advice, looking it up now, I appreciate help from you guys.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis