Dmantis10

Dmantis10

Audioholic
Hello all,
The Integra DRX R1.1 has caught me off guard and now I'm wanting to dig deeper into it as I have done a full theater 7.2.4 system with it but had a 7 channel Audiocontrol amp for the main channels. The Integra ran only the 4 Atmos in ceiling speakers which where all Revels.
My last AVR was a Pioneer Elite SC-99 and I replaced it only to get Dolby Vision pass through to my Sony Z9D with a Sony STRZ5000ES. I run a full Def Tech Mythos series system with Atmos 5.2.2
The Integra reminded more of my SC-99 in overall warmth and clarity. When I ran the Auto Calibration I swear its MCACC Pro renamed. I'm also thinking Integra is now using the Pioneer D-3 amps in their higher end receivers but I have not confirmed that yet. But by the overall sound quality I'm thinking they are. I know I only heard the Atmos speakers with the internal amps but the preamp sonic signature screamed Pioneer Elite SC. I've installed and listened to decades of Integra stuff including flagship Onkyo Models. None of them sounds or feels like this new model.
Anyone have any inside info or know more about this R1.1 receiver?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis