Integra DRX-R1.1 and DRC-R1.1 11.2-Channel Atmos AV Receiver and Processor

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Integra recently launched their two newest flagship products, the DRX-R1.1 and DRC-R1.1 11.2 Channel Network AV Receiver and Preamp/Processor. The two new products are the first in their lineup to incorporate 4K HDBaseT circuitry which allows for the transmission of 4K/60fps/ 4:4:4/UHD/HDR-10/Dolby Vision content up to 100 meters away over Cat 5/6/7 wiring! With Dolby Atmos and DTS:X ready to go out of the box for a 7.2.4 setup and a slew of upper echelon options these two new products are vying for contention for the most up to date available.

Integra.png

Read: Integra DRX-R1.1 and DRC-R1.1 11.2-Channel Atmos AV Receiver and Processor

P

PhilCohen

Audioholic
I'm still enjoying my older Integra A/V processor (DHC 9.9) which serves my present-day needs fine (I use a 1080p Plasma T.V. and a 5.1 sound system). For the first 3 months that I owned the DHC 9.9, I couldn't successfully play the Integra through my T.V., but I got into a discussion on an internet forum with a home theater installer, who explained that my T.V. doesn't support "Deep Color", and he told me about one of the DHC 9.9's secret front panel procedures that would disable the DHC 9.9's support for Deep Color, so that I could start enjoying the DHC 9.9 . The procedure was to press and hold ":Aux 1", push the power button, then use the "Preset" button to toggle between "Enable" & "Disable". Integra intended that this and other secret front panel procedures be known only to installers.
Obviously, when my television reaches the end of its lifespan, I'll buy a set that supports 4K & 3-D, but until then, if I were to buy a DRC R 1.1, is there a way to disable the DRC R1.1's support for Deep Color, so that I could use it with my existing T.V.?
If I buy a DRC R1.1, I'd be buying it to hold as a spare a/V processor. The future of Onkyo/Integra briefly appeared to be in doubt, though it seems there was nothing to worry about, but I like Integra's products and it got me thinking about buying a newer Integra A/V processor to hold as a spare. I did something similar on the day that Oppo announced its impending demise. I already owned two Oppo disc players (BDP-105D and a broken down BDP-83),so I sent the BDP-83 to Oppo for repair, and bought a UDP-205. After verifying that the UDP-205 worked, I wrapped it up in a plastic bag to keep it dust-free and in "museum grade condition"(my ability to play my collection of SACD's & DVD-Audio discs will never be in doubt). I'd likely do the same thing with an Integra DRC R1.1 .One other reason would be to buy it before my state becomes able to coerce out of state merchants (with no store or warehouse in my state) to collect sales tax. I would save $175 by purchasing the DRC R 1.1 now, not next year.
But I don't want to buy a unit that would be a useless paperweight. Can the DRC R 1.1's support for "Deep Color" be disabled?

Bookmark

Bookmark

Full Audioholic
Unless the Integra is processing the video, which there is really no need for. Then pretty much anything with Hdmi 2.0a, HDCP 2.2 supports deep-color.

There should no reason to turn it off on the AVR. It comes from a Source like an Xbox through the AVR to the Destination TV or Projector. For HDR to work all the links in the chain need to support Hdmi 2.0 and above. Turn off one element and it no longer works.

If the TV does not support Deep-color then you can't do HDR regardless of the AVR setting. If you don't want Deep-color because TV does not do it, then don't send it in the first place. Turn it off at the source and leave the AVR out of this.

P

PhilCohen

Audioholic
When I had the problem during the first 3 months that I owned the DHC 9.9, no video material(of any kind, DVD,Bluray,Satellite etc.) output from the DHC 9.9 could play through my Panasonic Plasma T.V. . All I got was color snow. Only after I disabled the DHC 9.9's support for Deep Color, did it become possible to use the DHC 9.9 with the Panasonic Plasma T.V.. My video game machines pre-date the invention of Deep Color. At present, I have no Deep color source material. Prior to disabling "Deep Color", the DHC 9.9 was not playable through my TV. Period.
What I'm asking is whether the DRC R1.1 has a secret front panel procedure to disable Deep Color. If I buy the DRC R1.1, I will initially be using it with 1080p HD. I don't yet own a 4K T.V.

Last edited:
Bookmark

Bookmark

Full Audioholic
The Integra DHC9.9 had a Hdmi version of 1.3a. It did not support Deepcolor or 4K.

Whatever you turned off was not Deepcolor. It could only support upscaling to 1080p so the likelyhood is you were probably using this and a frequency the Panasonic did not support. The change probably turned off the HQV scaler and then the other devices could negotiate with the Plasma as to what could be used.

I have two output modes on the Yamaha, one, overrides the input (default) and the other doesn't. I use the latter,

The button combo was never likely a secret, it is probably in the Integra advanced manual along with a few others which can be used to reset the device to it's factory default as an example. Most if not all AVRs have them.

Nowadays with network connections you can usually set this sort of feature directly via a web interface.

Here is a link to the Integra DRX1.1 Manual.
http://www.integrahometheater.com/Products/model.php?m=DRX-R1.1&class=Receiver&source=prodClass

Last edited:
P

PhilCohen

Audioholic
Thank You. I knew that someone here would have the technical info.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis