Integra DRX-4.3 AV Receiver Comparison & Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The Integra DRX-4.3 AV receiver sports the latest in HD audio and video with 9 amplification channels on-board and the ability to add an external 2CH amplifier to run a full 7.1.4 speaker configuration. It's a feature laden AVR with some excellent custom integrated tools that help differentiate it from its Onkyo lineup counterpart.

In this review, we bench tested the older DRX-4.2 AV receiver and tested its HDBaseT system by running HD audio and video to a different room in the Audioholics Showcase home. In our bench tests, we've found some shortcomings to consider when matching a speaker system to this model. We looked at what the newer DRX-4.3 successor model offers in comparison and discussed any potential shortcomings of both products. We also compare it to it's sister products from Onkyo and Pioneer. Is the Integra name worth the premium? Read our review to find out....

DRX-4.3_Angled_L.JPG

Read: Integra DRX-4.2 & DRX-4.3 AV Receiver Review

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Doesn't HDBaseT transcode video and possibly introduce lag making not a very good option for gamers? I guess I don't fully get that since most of the HDMI extenders I researched all transcoded the video.

hk2000

hk2000

Junior Audioholic
Wonder if your biases gonna change now that Integra/Onkyo are part of your favorite brands' manfacturer.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Wonder if your biases gonna change now that Integra/Onkyo are part of your favorite brands' manfacturer.
Umm interesting, if NOT stupid observation.

Were my "Biases" affected when I called out Sound United for misleading power ratings on their AVR's since the advent of overspecing Atmos receivers came about, or when I wrote this article?

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/sound-united-receiver-power-ratings

My "biases' are getting Onkyo/Integra to change how they are rating AVR's and they've even solicited me for feedback to improve their products.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Gene, did you do the same sweep you did on the SR8102 to see if the DRX would trip when the power amps are unloaded?

By the way, I did try to have my x4400h cranked pass vol 0 to +5 or so with ECO on, and the unit never shutdown. I would think that with ECO on, the rail voltage would be lower so the internal amps must be clipping with vol well passes 0, yet the pre outs seemed fine with all 11 channels (ext amps) running on movies. I should try all channel stereo I guess, that would be as tough as your fbw sweeps right?

hk2000

hk2000

Junior Audioholic
Umm interesting, if NOT stupid observation.

Were my "Biases" affected when I called out Sound United for misleading power ratings on their AVR's since the advent of overspecing Atmos receivers came about, or when I wrote this article?

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/sound-united-receiver-power-ratings

My "biases' are getting Onkyo/Integra to change how they are rating AVR's and they've even solicited me for feedback to improve their products.
Dumb? I've been folowing AH for many years, You absolutely had biased reviews- I'll give you 3 examples of your review below:

Onkyo TX-SR383 7.2-Channel AV Receiver Inflates Power but Not Price
Onkyo specs:
All Channels: 155 W/Ch. (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven)
80 W/Ch. (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX103 7.2CH Atmos AV Receiver Inflates Power Not Price!

Marantz SR5012 / SR6012 4K UltraHD AV Receivers Preview Gotta Have It!
Marantz specs:
6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10%, 1ch Drive200 W
6 ohm, 1 kHz. 0.7%, 2ch Drive140 W
8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08%, 2ch Drive100 W

How is that any different from what Onkyo did?
Based on your first 2 titles, and you being unbiased of course, the Marantz one should read as follows:
Marantz SR5012 / SR6012 4K UltraHD AV Receivers [Inflate power and price]!!!!!

Calling me dumb doesn't make you right.

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Dumb? I've been folowing AH for many years, You absolutely had biased reviews- I'll give you 3 examples of your review below:

Onkyo TX-SR383 7.2-Channel AV Receiver Inflates Power but Not Price
Onkyo specs:
All Channels: 155 W/Ch. (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven)
80 W/Ch. (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX103 7.2CH Atmos AV Receiver Inflates Power Not Price!

Marantz SR5012 / SR6012 4K UltraHD AV Receivers Preview Gotta Have It!
Marantz specs:
6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10%, 1ch Drive200 W
6 ohm, 1 kHz. 0.7%, 2ch Drive140 W
8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08%, 2ch Drive100 W

How is that any different from what Onkyo did?
Based on your first 2 titles, and you being unbiased of course, the Marantz one should read as follows:
Marantz SR5012 / SR6012 4K UltraHD AV Receivers [Inflate power and price]!!!!!

Calling me dumb doesn't make you right.
Wow, that is a really dumb post. Glad my first impression was right. You can't even differentiate between a formal review and a preview article. I think you need to take a break from Audioholics forum for a bit. Enjoy the vacation.

S

STAVINC

Audiophyte
Hi Gene....Wow I am so impressed by your site and forum strings. Wow.

Am reaching out to you in hopes of benefiting from your expertise and knowledge of "ancient" components.

So, am rebuilding a new theater in a new home we have moved into.

Am going with a new ultra short throw laser projector.
Will using existing Monster THX speaker set (5.1 temporarily made by Monster Cables Co)
Getting a new Integra 4.3 receiver as central hub/and power.

Million $ question: Still own an ADCOM 545 and ADCOM 535 power amps. Also have a NAD 2200 power amp.

1) My thought was to use the Integra as a receiver and amp for back speakers and then connect front L&R to the 545, and the center to the 535
Option 2) Use the NAD 2200 for front L&R and the 545 for center.

3) Use ONLY the Integra 4.3 as it is new and more updated technology ?

Last question. Have a same era ADCOM power filter unit. Would a new PANAMAX 5400 be so much better given its a $500 outlay?

Thanks in advance for your guidance and advice.
Dan

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis