Integra DRX 3.4 vs Denon 3700H Preamp Output

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
I wish Amir would edit his misleading comments but I think he would be too busy to do it even if I can convince him that there is a need. In the meantime people will continue to quote or make their own comments, advise on forum based on Amir's remark below, and it has in fact fast becoming another forum hearsay.

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

Is he wrong, absolutely not, but if anyone would take a more detailed look (in non preamp mode)
One can see that at 2V, the drop did not "nose dive", in fact it started to level off to about 0.017%THD+N, still better than some other AVRs and integrated amps. The "nose dive" from1.4 V was true too in relative sense but it was not because the preamp clipped, it was where the power amp started to clip thereby feeding back some of the bad stuff (distortions, noise) back to the pre out.

I can continue to post clarifications I felt appropriate to Amir's but the ratio of people reading his original point and my intended clarification point would probably be higher than 100,00 to 1, if not higher.:D

View attachment 53350

I really much prefer Gene's clearer message, when he measured the pre out of the AVR-X3300H, his remarks were:
Thanks for the clarification!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would be more concerned about the Reliability, Customer Service and Features of any of these AVR than the Pre-out Voltage, Power Output and sound quality.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Well the news there, is that Onkyo is now owned by Voxx.... which also has Klipsch.

So past Onkyo experiences are of no relevance - the question now, is what is the Voxx/Klipsch support culture like?

In terms of features, the Onkyo's continue with their long term tendency towards feature richness.... there are marginal differences between the Onkyo / Pioneer / Integra versions - but the addition of DIRAC RoomEQ to the upper models, makes them of great interest to a lot of people (me included).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well the news there, is that Onkyo is now owned by Voxx.... which also has Klipsch.

So past Onkyo experiences are of no relevance - the question now, is what is the Voxx/Klipsch support culture like?

In terms of features, the Onkyo's continue with their long term tendency towards feature richness.... there are marginal differences between the Onkyo / Pioneer / Integra versions - but the addition of DIRAC RoomEQ to the upper models, makes them of great interest to a lot of people (me included).
The Dirac thing I think was the best part of the deal for Pioneer (who had obtained a license to distribute before). Been something I've been hoping for since they combined. I do hope they weather the ownership/distributorship changes....the competition I think is necessary.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis