Integra AV Receiver Not Upconverting Component Video

mleuba

mleuba

Enthusiast
Hello All,

I am a newbie with an Integra 7.8 receiver, with component video upscaling to 720p. I have my DVD connected via component video as I should. Output to TV is HDMI. However, my Pioneer Kuros shows the input resolution is 480, it is not upconverting.

How can I get the system to upconvert to 720? When I watch HD TV, I do get 1080…

Thanks!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello All,

I am a newbie with an Integra 7.8 receiver, with component video upscaling to 720p. I have my DVD connected via component video as I should. Output to TV is HDMI. However, my Pioneer Kuros shows the input resolution is 480, it is not upconverting.

How can I get the system to upconvert to 720? When I watch HD TV, I do get 1080…

Thanks!
Are you sure it up converts from an analog input, a lot don't?

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
if your dvd player can output 480i unaltered through hdmi, let your panel scale it;)

C

ChunkyDark

Full Audioholic
Make sure it's turned in your settings menu, some receivers default is off.
I actually had to power mine off and restart to get it to work.
Cheers!

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Integra 7.8 very nice AVR but ...upconvert only changes format.

... if you read the manual it only converts from HDMI input to HDMI output.

page 12:
HDMI IN 1–3 and OUT
HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) connections
carry digital audio and digital video.
The HDMI inputs are for connecting components
with an HDMI output, such as a DVD player, DVD
recorder, or DVR (digital video recorder). They’re
assignable, which means you can assign each one to
an input selector to suit your setup. See “HDMI
Input Setup” on page 46.
The HDMI output is for connecting a TV or projector
with an HDMI input.

On page 27 the "upconverting" only changes the format, not the resolution.
with HDMI=Yes
Video Connection Formats
Video equipment can be connected to the AV receiver by using any one of the following video connection formats:
composite video, S-Video, component video, or HDMI, the latter offering the best picture quality.
The AV receiver can upconvert and downconvert between video formats, depending on the HDMI Monitor setting,
which generally determines whether video signals are upconverted for the component video output or the HDMI output.
For optimal video performance, THX recommends that video signals pass through the system without upconversion
(e.g., component video input through to component video output). It’s also recommended that you set the
Immediate Display preference to Off (page 107).

It does convert from component input to HDMI but does not upconvert the resolution. So 480p component will output 480p HDMI.

The Integra 7.8 is really and A receiver the V is more of an after thought! it is curious that their online manual has mark-up changes (page 3) made 4/27/2007 and is not a final copy!. The audio settings are excelelnt, but hte video are okay but not outstanding.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis