Integra 7.1 or Denon 3803

W

wine4et

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I currently have the Integra 7.1 which is a 6 channel receiver plus room 2. &nbsp;I am in the process of changing my surround speakers around into in ceiling speakers and addd a 6th channel. &nbsp;I have read the recent prices from 6th Ave for the 3803 at 699. &nbsp;I figure I can sell my Integra on Ebay for about $500. &nbsp;So I would be out of pocket $200.

If I get the Denon now I could go to 7.1 the rear speakers since the rear speakers are on order and I can add 1 more. &nbsp;What other pro's and con's are there? &nbsp;Or is the receiver change worth it? &nbsp;I run the front and center speakers as large with no sub and I have them biwired with Monster cable Z2 wire. &nbsp;The new rears I assume I will run as small. &nbsp;The new rears have 2-5.25&quot; with 1-1&quot; tweeter.

I am still trying to decide between the Denon 2200 dvd and 2900. &nbsp;I do not have the opportunity to Demo unles I order from Crutchfield or Goodguys and then return if unhappy. &nbsp;The local Goodguys does not have them hooked up.

Front speakers are Def Tech 2002TL and CLR 2500 center, the rears will be inceiling matching bipoles.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>I feel your pain! &nbsp;I bought the DVD-2200, and it's fantastic, much better than the Pioneer DV-45A it replaced in my system. &nbsp;Still, I could return it and pay the difference and get the 2900, so the debate still rages for me too.

However, I'm leaning towards keeping the 2200, for this reason: &nbsp;I don't think either the 2200 or 2900 will be my &quot;last&quot; universal player. &nbsp;I really want DVI ouput &amp; a Firewire port, neither of which is included in the 22/2900 (only the 5900 has these features). &nbsp;But I think in a year or two/a generation or two, the sub $1k models will all have this feature. &nbsp;So for me it comes down to whether I want to sink a lot of money into a &quot;stopgap&quot; player, however nice a unit it may be. &nbsp;I'm not positive yet, but I'm leaning towards enjoying the very good performance of my 2200 now and buying a new model in a couple/few years once the digital output issues are sorted out.

Likewise, I have an AVR-3802 right now and I'm looking to replace it with a 3803, but I'm leery of doing so since the new models should be out in less than 6 months. &nbsp;And they'll likely all have PLIIx, and god knows what else. &nbsp;While the '03 would probably serve my needs well, I'm thinking of waiting to see what a 3804 (or whatever they name it) will add.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Rob;

I think 2004 is going to be a very interesting year! &nbsp;Best things come to those who wait &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis