Inside the mains or outside?

T

T.Anders

Audioholic Intern
Curious, I saw a discussion and poll on a FB post , and was curious, is there some advantage to the subs being inside the mains in your front stage?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
May or may not be a good location, hard to know, whether outside or inside. One in each of opposite corners could well be better, or on opposite sides, or other configurations/locations. Subs kinda go where they need to go, and each room will be different to an extent as well as the gear you have to setup with.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
There might be less localization if the sub is inside the front left/right, if localization ever becomes an issue. Aside from that, no advantage that I can think if.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
There might be less localization if the sub is inside the front left/right, if localization ever becomes an issue. Aside from that, no advantage that I can think if.
That's what she said!!!! :D

Ooops sorry!!!! :eek:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Curious, I saw a discussion and poll on a FB post , and was curious, is there some advantage to the subs being inside the mains in your front stage?
Curious about what was said to be as advantageous. One negative is that placing them both on the front wall will take away any benefits of placing the subs where they perform the best (as mentioned above), and more to that, is that placing them that close to each other(within a 1/4 wave likely) will make them act as one subwoofer. You will get a 3-6db increase, but you’ll lose the smoothing effect of multiple subs. This largely depends on room size and shape so really the question is arbitrary.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis