B

BrianG

Audiophyte
My current (old) receiver has neither a sub out nor a line out so it seems I can't use the jm-lab Chorus sub I was given. Looks like I need a new receiver, but want to keep the cost down. I will not be using a TV so won't want something that uses a TV for instruction. Not essential but it'd be nice to have a phono input. Suggestions?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
My current (old) receiver has neither a sub out nor a line out so it seems I can't use the jm-lab Chorus sub I was given. Looks like I need a new receiver, but want to keep the cost down. I will not be using a TV so won't want something that uses a TV for instruction. Not essential but it'd be nice to have a phono input. Suggestions?
You are asking for the moon. Your best option is an AV receiver to connect to your TV, at least for set up.

All AVRs have sub outs and bass management, practically no integrated amps do, and those that do are expensive because of low demand. Your other option is separate power amp and preamp and an external active crossover between, that is also pricey.

You could use a speaker line level converter, but that is a poor option.

Honestly your cheapest and easiest option is an AVR. Old style two channel receivers are long gone, and none of those have bass management. The reason is that subs and bass management are part of the AV scene and started there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Which model sub do you have? I looked at some, some only had line level inputs but some had speaker level inputs. While not ideal, the speaker level inputs could work to get the sub in use.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Which model sub do you have? I looked at some, some only had line level inputs but some had speaker level inputs. While not ideal, the speaker level inputs could work to get the sub in use.
It does not have speaker level inputs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis