InFocus IN76 Projector Problems

I

iKokomo

Audioholic Intern
My InFocus IN76 is having a problem. I have a video attached of the problem.

I click the button to turn it on and the fans spin up and also the color wheel spins up, but after 5-8 seconds the wheel turns off. Twenty seconds later the color wheel spins ups and turns off again.

After I placed the cover back on the projector, the light turns on, but it is very dim and it shows a clear screen, not a white projected screen, but clear, like a flashlight.

None of the buttons work after it turns on. I have to pull the plug from the wall in order to shut it off.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Thanks!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Projectors aren't like PCs. There are no 'standard' parts which are used between models. It seems that every couple of years they even use a different lamp in the newer models which doesn't work in the older models. This makes anything projector related with troubleshooting extremely difficult to help with and I have yet to find a qualified projector repair person show up on any forums to spread their knowledge.

This may just be something you need to play with for a while.

The case design may be fighting you on powering it on as there may be some connected micro-switches which are being hit when the case is fully closed.

I wish you luck, but the conversations, in 10+ years on forums, is beyond thin. More like non-existent. Though, some users do figure out issues after breaking down a projector completely and they manage to get them back together and working well. Just not something I do every day.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Try calling the company. I know, they may say send it in, unfortunately.

A

Acajz

Audiophyte
Hi iKokomo, I have exactly the same problem. Did you manage to solve it? If yes , please explain how.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis