info source on gig&studio recording equipment?

R

ransu

Audiophyte
Having read many of the articles in Audioholics I've found it refreshingly intellegent and useful site. However I'm more interested setting up mixing and recording stuff for live gigs and small studio work and Audioholics seems to be very much cornered just for home theater stuff. Could you recommend a similar website or a magazine that I could find what I'm interested in. Perhaps one affiliated to Audioholics?

Another newbie question: I've only started looking so correct me for being stupid but it seems Roland's VS-2480DVD seems to be an ideal solution for both my studio and giging stuff (mind you it's a bit heavy to carry around). But I'm sure someone who knows more than me and has experience might point me to a different and perhaps a better alternative...?

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I would Google for some websites. I found some good ones in about a minute.

As far as gear goes, I can say what NOT to buy. Do NOT buy an Alesis keyboard for your studio/gigging. They have lots of nifty sounds, but every model in the 8.x line I've worked with has a serious noise issue in the analog output. No matter how much power conditioning is used, it outputs a buzzing noise. Also, the volume fader does not completely cut off the sound so it still outputs sound when the fader is all the way down. NOT good, especially for $1000.

R

ransu

Audiophyte
google works ?!?

What is this! Since when did google start actually 'working'. I just typed in recording studio magazine and about first twenty results were all worth bookmarking - no ad-portals or useless linkin pages, wow. I'm impressed.

I guess might be worth starting to using google again... :p

thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis