Infinity RS-6001 Question

D

drdeputy

Audiophyte
Hi....new here and I've searched and found no answer, so here goes:

I'm re-foaming a set of Infinity RS-6001's, just getting started. Taking the 2, 8" woofers out, I notice that the bottom woofer of each speaker is crossed-wired to the one above it. IOW, the positive wire doesn't go to the positive side of the bottom speakers like it does (and what I expected) on the twin 8" speaker above it. Is this normal? I may not have the correct terminology, but it's like the two 8" speakers are purposely out of phase with each other?

I happened to remove the bottom speaker first and thought someone had made a mistake, but now I've found that the other bottom speaker is wired exactly the same.

Help.......

Thanks!
Forrest

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Sounds like the two woofers are wired in series- there is a PDF you can google for these speakers that gives the tech specs/ and schematic- I have an RS video in black available. PM me if interested

D

DingKing

Audiophyte
Sounds like the two woofers are wired in series- there is a PDF you can google for these speakers that gives the tech specs/ and schematic- I have an RS video in black available. PM me if interested
Hello I have a pair of RS6001's. They have been refoamed and are not wired in series. Do you have the schematic or video that you could send? I haven't been able to find it.
Thank you

A

Arvlux

Audiophyte
II have a pair as well, I could confirm they are wired in serie and the bottom woofer is wired the opposite way. In any case if you connect them wrongly, you will immediatelly hear there is a problem ;-)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis