Infinity overture-2 built in sub cutting out

S

Spiral4

Audiophyte
Hello all! I have searched the internet high and low (since I bought these things yesterday) and can't seem to find anybody else who has had the same issue that I'm dealing with. So yesterday I got my hands on a set of infinity overture-2 tower speakers for 10$ (beyond a steal from what I've read on this site, except they're missing grill covers). But anywho, they sound spectacular and after about an hour of using them, the built in powered sub in the left speaker cut out. The right tower works great and has 0 issues as far as I can tell. The sub cut out once, and when I adjusted the bass volume with the dial on the speaker it began working again immediately making me think it might've just went into standby. However, the second time it did it, I couldn't get it to turn back on. Both times it did this was after about an hour of use. Anybody know what would cause this? I don't know if it's important but the first time I plugged the speaker in it gave off this high pitch whine, but after I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it went away for good.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like amp failure. Which would require repair, or new amp (which the latter would be tough as you would need the filter info from the damaged amp to replicate it).

S

Spiral4

Audiophyte
I can't upload the pictures I took of the board because it's telling me the files are too big. Can you help me figure out which part on the circuit board is the amp?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
See if you can post to it to photo hosting website and link it. Identifying the amp section is easy, it’s determining what has failed that gets a little more complicated. @TLS Guy might now where to start as IIRC he has helped a member in the past

M

Msmckenzie

Audiophyte
Hi,
Wondering if you ever solved your problem with the bass on infinity overture. I have the same problem.
Thx

P

ParleyW

Audioholic
Hello all! I have searched the internet high and low (since I bought these things yesterday) and can't seem to find anybody else who has had the same issue that I'm dealing with. So yesterday I got my hands on a set of infinity overture-2 tower speakers for 10$ (beyond a steal from what I've read on this site, except they're missing grill covers). But anywho, they sound spectacular and after about an hour of using them, the built in powered sub in the left speaker cut out. The right tower works great and has 0 issues as far as I can tell. The sub cut out once, and when I adjusted the bass volume with the dial on the speaker it began working again immediately making me think it might've just went into standby. However, the second time it did it, I couldn't get it to turn back on. Both times it did this was after about an hour of use. Anybody know what would cause this? I don't know if it's important but the first time I plugged the speaker in it gave off this high pitch whine, but after I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it went away for good.
The problem with most plate amps is one part failure can cascade through many other components. If the sub it’s self is quality, mount a few five way binding posts and pick up an external sub amp. It will be a better quality amp and usually last much longer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis