Infinity IL10 and IL25C

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
FYI,
I purchased 4ea. Infinity IL10 and 1ea. Infinity IL25C speakers on EBAY for $225.00 and an additional $55.00 for shipping. They are in like new condition.
Anyway, on with my comments:
I'm using three of the IL10's on my rear right, rear left and rear center, and I'm using the IL25C for my front center. My front right and left channel speakers are Precise Acoustics Monitor 10's.
The sound quality of the Infinity speakers is quite accurate and detailed and comes across to me as a pleasure to listen to.
I believe this Infinity combination would have run about $900.00 to $1,000 new.
In closing these Infinity spekers sound is not bad at all!

Please share any experiences with these or other Infinity speakers, good or bad?

Cheers :rolleyes:

Last edited:
H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Surveyor,

I just found this thread in concert with a more recent post of yours where I asked what speakers you had. I have not heard the IL10 or IL 25, but I have the Infinity RS-5 towers for mains, and RS-3 bookshelves for surrounds, and the matching CC-3 Center channel speaker for my den, a.k.a. "The non serious listening area"

I have had them since about '97 and they have served me well. They are not the most fantastic speakers in the world, but they have met my needs perfectly and done so at a reasonable cost. I see them time and again on ebay, and just wonder what lucky person will snatch them up for the bargain prices they go for. They are real, real picky about placement, but when you get them right, they provide a reasonable soundstage and image really well. They are great for piano, and acoustical guitar, but aren't my favorite for harder rock music, where they seem a little strained powered by my low end JVC reciever that I use with them. I've never heard them with an abundance of power as I've never cared to take the time to do it, but I'm sure their sound would improve with this type of setup.

One example of such a steal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5791150882

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
hopjohn said:
Surveyor,

I just found this thread in concert with a more recent post of yours where I asked what speakers you had. I have not heard the IL10 or IL 25, but I have the Infinity RS-5 towers for mains, and RS-3 bookshelves for surrounds, and the matching CC-3 Center channel speaker for my den, a.k.a. "The non serious listening area"

I have had them since about '97 and they have served me well. They are not the most fantastic speakers in the world, but they have met my needs perfectly and done so at a reasonable cost. I see them time and again on ebay, and just wonder what lucky person will snatch them up for the bargain prices they go for. They are real, real picky about placement, but when you get them right, they provide a reasonable soundstage and image really well. They are great for piano, and acoustical guitar, but aren't my favorite for harder rock music, where they seem a little strained powered by my low end JVC reciever that I use with them. I've never heard them with an abundance of power as I've never cared to take the time to do it, but I'm sure their sound would improve with this type of setup.

One example of such a steal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5791150882
The person who bought the ones in the example you listed really got a steal!
They look like pretty good speakers. One must take into account that if you buy a pair of $ 10 K speakers ( RBH etc.) they will perform much better. If my budget allowed I 'd probally spend a lot on speakers, but the Infinity's combined with my two front left and right Precise Acoustic Monitor 10's don't sound too shabby. Of course the MSRP of all of the speakers (including my subwoofer) are a little less than $4 K. I would gamble to say that my wife would let me spend a considerable amount on new speakers, but I'm affraid of a expensive home renovation after.

WndrBr3d

WndrBr3d

Full Audioholic
I have all Infinity Interlude Speakers all around, and I can't be more pleased. The power and clarity of these speakers is just unmatched in their price range.

Very, Very pleased.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
WndrBr3d said:
I have all Infinity Interlude Speakers all around, and I can't be more pleased. The power and clarity of these speakers is just unmatched in their price range.

Very, Very pleased.
You should be pleased,
You have a very good system! :)

C

chikoo

Audioholic Intern
talk about a steal.

I got a pair of IL30 for $200+$40 shipping as good as new(refurbished)..no dents/chips, and $100(and 1cent shipping) for the center channel IL25c.
Then I got a pair of new JBL northridge bookshelf for $69.00 as rear surrounds.

woot!! this was early in the year 2003 ;)

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
chikoo said:
talk about a steal.

I got a pair of IL30 for $200+$40 shipping as good as new(refurbished)..no dents/chips, and $100(and 1cent shipping) for the center channel IL25c.
Then I got a pair of new JBL northridge bookshelf for $69.00 as rear surrounds.

woot!! this was early in the year 2003 ;)
It was a good deal!
I'll bet those IL30's sound pretty good.

Cheers:)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I know this is an older thread, but I felt like making a comment.:)

I really like my Infinity IL10s, I think they sound beautiful. They are warm and they have very good bass for their size. I prefer them for Music over my NHT 1.5s anyday.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis