Infinity IL vrs JBL studio 5 series.

T

Tstew

Audiophyte
My current home theater system consists of Yamaha RX-A1080 powering a 7.1 system. Infinity Interlude series Il10's for front and rear surround. Il 36 center and duel Il25's for surround back. Il100 sub. I was looking at JBL studio 5 series off eBay for an upgrade. My question is it really worth it? I mostly use the system for everyday use watching cable but do love to throw in a 4k Blu Ray on movie night for that at the theater experience.

T

Tstew

Audiophyte
So I decided to upgrade the IL100 to an SVS sb3000 but I still have all the other Interludes. The SVS should be here in a few days and hopefully I'll be happy enough with the upgrade to not want the JBL's anymore.

X

XTex

Audioholic Intern
JBL has a no-risk policy with free returns, so if/when they go on sale you could easily get a pair and find out for sure. I own a pair of the Studio 530s and do enjoy them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Couldn't compare them to the Infinity models you have, as no experience, but I do recommend the 5 series (I have 590s, 580s, 530s and a 520c), especially on the occasional sales prices vs list. As to worth it? May be more a lateral move......but I think your sub was indeed an upgrade. So use the new sub a while and see what you may be lacking.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis