Infinity Beta series?

B

bradsands

Audiophyte
I was just wondering if anyone knew anything, and what your thoughts are about the Infinity Beta series speakers. Retail on these is basically the same as the Klipsch reference series, but an Infinity authorized retailer has an incredible deal on the Beta 50 floorstanders.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Between the two speakers you are comparing, the Infinity is a better choice if you desire a speaker with higher linearity, smoother frequency response and greater accuracy. If you want higher SPL levels for partiess or you just like to blast your neighbors out, go for the Klipsch.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
bradsands said:
I was just wondering if anyone knew anything, and what your thoughts are about the Infinity Beta series speakers. Retail on these is basically the same as the Klipsch reference series, but an Infinity authorized retailer has an incredible deal on the Beta 50 floorstanders.
I recommend you not get Klipsch if you have a Yamaha recever. The two usually don't match well.

plhart

Audioholic
"Between the two speakers you are comparing, the Infinity is a better choice if you desire a speaker with higher linearity, smoother frequency response and greater accuracy."

I believe the Beta is a much better speaker for all the reasons Gene mentions. I would add that you need a good size room and the speakers need to be carefully placed away from walls, preferably at least 4 feet from a back wall and at least 3 from either side. Point them in toward the listening position to avoid excess first order reflections from the side walls. The speakers' 4 8" woofers have a lot of solid bottom and the system's polar response is very smooth.

If you like knowing you're always listening to a speaker then buy the Klipsch. You'll be able to heard exactly when the sounds are coming from either the woofer or the tweeter. Their polar response is quite uneven which is inherent with this particular horn design. But they do sound like theater speakers played loudly. If you like the sound, go for it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis