J

Joseph Sulse

Audiophyte
I am currently researching in-wall speakers for my family room 5.1 system and for back round audio around the house. Until now the sub has not been researched and realize one will be needed for the 5.1 system but needs to have the WAF. The question here is whether an in wall sub (or subs) will perform well in my family room space which is connected to my kitchen. The total volume, kitchen and family room combined is 37' long x 24' wide x 10' tall while the family area is 18' long x 24' wide x 10' tall (the remaining length of the room is considered kitchen). The 24' wall is the viewing wall and plan to have the "sweet spot" viewing poistion seat centered on the 24' wall and 14 feet back. Hope that gives everyone a good idea of the space I'm working with. If the in-wall sub can handle such a space where should it/they be placed? Who make good in-wall subs and where can I get then in central or southern California? If a more accurate room layout is needed for a recommendation I could email a drawing of the room in jpeg file format.

Thanks,
Joseph

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Hi All
Thanks for the support Jaxvon;) RBH speakers are very good speakers, but RLA Home Theater is no longer a dealer for the brand.
I would have to agree with the previous poster your listening area is
4320 CU^3 all but the best 15" high power sub woofers would be hard pressed to hit reference level in a room that size.

The new Velodyne In-wall looked impressive at CEDIA, and if it hits the manufactures claimed performance spec this subwoofer would be at the top for performance in-wall subs.

I would think that two of these should be considered in your application the latest word that I received is shipping to begin 1st quarter next year

Pre-wire location is critical for in-wall subwoofers You should at the very least do a room mode calculation to determine best install location Pre-wire routing and termination should also be considered

Hope this helps
Ray

B

bpape

Audioholic Chief
That is certainly a pretty large space.

Without knowing your budget, it's hard to say. The only 2 in-wall subs I can think of that would really fill that room would be the Snell or a DIY Infinite Baffle design if that's feasible.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis