In-Wall Q's from Newbie

A

ATT

Audiophyte
We built a great room (22 x 20) that opens to a kitchen. I now need to figure out what speakrs to put in. Due to the configuration of the room, I am stuck using in-ceiling for the rears and I would most like in-wall for the fronts. I am also thinking of getting a good center channel to put under/on top of the TV. We watch a lot of news and regular TV, with kids watching most of the movies. But for the few times I would use it, I woudl like a very nice sounding system.

I can get several brands through Direct Buy at about 60% off retail. Those brands are:

Infinity
Klipsch
Russound
Jamo
Cambridge Soundworks
JBL
Kenwood
toshiba
poineer
Cerwin Vega
Harmon Kardan

Russound claims to make an "audiophile grade" in-wall. I always imagined them as a secondary brand.

Of those brands, what would anyone recommend for inwall, center and inceiling for rears. Any suggestions on a sub also appreciated.

thanks.

annunaki

annunaki

In my opinion, from that list, Russound appears to be the one that stands out above the rest. Russound has been doing custom install products longer than most of those companies. Jamo, Infinity and JBL are decent as well.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
I love...

the Jamo's

I have installed many over the years (in walls) and they sound great!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis