In search of subwoofer

Ryan Laposky

Ryan Laposky

Junior Audioholic
Looking for a sub for my system that I am trying to build. This is my first theater/media room. Interested in Rhythmik, HSU or SVS. Would be interested in one sub but would like to get two subs. Need something to fill a smaller room (9.5 x 12 x 7 ft ceiling). Would like something that has been well cared for and in excellent working condition. I do need to stay relatively budget friendly. Thanks!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hi Ryan. The only mention of budget is that you want to remain friendly to it lol. What did you have in mind? That’s a small room so it shouldn’t be really hard to find a good one, or two.

Ryan Laposky

Ryan Laposky

Junior Audioholic
Hi Ryan. The only mention of budget is that you want to remain friendly to it lol. What did you have in mind? That’s a small room so it shouldn’t be really hard to find a good one, or two.
Maybe $500 or less. If I could get two that would be great but understand I may only be able to get one for this price. Thanks!

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Better to get two than one. I have yet to hear the Rythmik, but I can say first hand the SVS Ultra series are amazing subs. My brother has two SB 16 Ultras in his theater and it rocks the foundation! That said, I would get a PB 1000 and add a second one later if you think you need two, but I don’t think you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Laposky

Ryan Laposky

Junior Audioholic
Better to get two than one. I have yet to hear the Rythmik, but I can say first hand the SVS Ultra series are amazing subs. My brother has two SB 16 Ultras in his theater and it rocks the foundation!

I've heard the SB 16 are nice but way outside my budget. Wish I could get two of those:)

Ryan Laposky

Ryan Laposky

Junior Audioholic
Better to get two than one. I have yet to hear the Rythmik, but I can say first hand the SVS Ultra series are amazing subs. My brother has two SB 16 Ultras in his theater and it rocks the foundation! That said, I would get a PB 1000 and add a second one later if you think you need two, but I don’t think you will.

I thought about pb1000 or would pb12 nsd. Any others to think about? HSU or Rhythmik? Would be interested in used if anyone is looking to sell.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
For the money, I'd grab those two Hsu's you asked about earlier in another thread. That's one hell of a deal for some great subs!

Ryan Laposky

Ryan Laposky

Junior Audioholic
For the money, I'd grab those two Hsu's you asked about earlier in another thread. That's one hell of a deal for some great subs!
Ya, would be interested in those but haven't heard anything back yet. Wish I could get ahold of the guy.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Ya, would be interested in those but haven't heard anything back yet. Wish I could get ahold of the guy.
You only posted a few hours ago, give him some time.

Barring that, for options in new subs what William posted is quite good. If you want to be more budget conscious, you could look at the RSL Speedwoofer or the Emotiva Basx line

Ryan Laposky

Ryan Laposky

Junior Audioholic
You only posted a few hours ago, give him some time.

Barring that, for options in new subs what William posted is quite good. If you want to be more budget conscious, you could look at the RSL Speedwoofer or the Emotiva Basx line
Does emotiva make some good subs? Not super familiar with them.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
As NINaudio mentioned, the speedwoofer is great but it’s 800. In that range I would probably look at a pc2k and save floor space with more performance.

Ryan Laposky

Ryan Laposky

Junior Audioholic
As NINaudio mentioned, the speedwoofer is great but it’s 800. In that range I would probably look at a pc2k and save floor space with more performance.
$800 for 2 speed woofers correct. Looks like they have good reviews too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis