In other news (oh gawd!)

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
It's the thing that's sad about the conservative conspiracy machine. It's just on to the next conspiracy. You needn't follow through on the previous story and can move on to the next. The War On Xmas, Obama's Birtherism, late-term abortion, minors are given gender surgery reassignment w/o parental consent. You just say they're happening till the plotline has expired its usefulness.
The conspiracy machine isn't conservative at all.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
You need to be a better shopper !! I just recently got a 12 week subscription to the WSJ (paper & digital) for a dollar a week. Renewed if for a year for $22 per month, if you qualify for 'student status' you could get it for even less.
Apparently you like Fox News and are willing to pay for it.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
so does that mean you think the Biden Admin is doing a stand-up job with regards to the Southern border ? if so perhaps you need to change your flavor of Kool-aid ! ;)
What is the Biden administration doing different than the Trump administration with regards to the Southern border?

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Oh boy. 7% home interest rate coming. One thing that was said is due to covid the home market prices exploded and now the "real" value is 25% less.
Investors with cash drove the prices for homes. 21st century slumlords; venture capitalists.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Investors with cash drove the prices for homes. 21st century slumlords; venture capitalists.
A significant amount of homes sold in my area were not purchased by individuals to live in. My neighbor sold his house and a huge rental company overpaid for it. Then couldn't rent it because it was too expensive. Now they have an occupant, but I'm very curious to see if the neighbor on the other side of me did the same.

Guess I'll find out soon enough.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
A significant amount of homes sold in my area were not purchased by individuals to live in. My neighbor sold his house and a huge rental company overpaid for it. Then couldn't rent it because it was too expensive. Now they have an occupant, but I'm very curious to see if the neighbor on the other side of me did the same.

Guess I'll find out soon enough.
I sold my 33 year old house in 2020 and still get calls to buy it, sold it for cash to a Dallas based company who was gonna rent it out.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You can't build the church, have a strong police force, or America's military and influence abroad without capitalism.

I heard the word on Fox for once by the co-founder of Home Depot. His book I Love Capitalism, but alas the word is seldom used or defended by Republicans.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I sold my 33 year old house in 2020 and still get calls to buy it, sold it for cash to a Dallas based company who was gonna rent it out.
That's pretty much what's going on everywhere apparently.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I listened to 1-2 minutes of Biden's speech and heard the part about the rich paying their fair share. I was wondering when is a republican going to say The rich don't need to pay more. They already pay for everything. It's this lack of deadpan I find that hurts the party.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Putting it in terms of the Top 1% especially. Then there's the fair tax, which I don't know how you'd apply to all classes. I think in the end it will still be tax cuts for the rich behind closed doors.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I was number 381 at the polls this morning, beautiful day to vote here in Pa, might go for second this afternoon ! ;)
The only reason I spent 15 minutes at City Hall is because I needed to discuss building a shed with one of the people in charge of zoning and building permits. For voting, I was done in less than three minutes but this city only has about 14K residents.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Putting it in terms of the Top 1% especially. Then there's the fair tax, which I don't know how you'd apply to all classes. I think in the end it will still be tax cuts for the rich behind closed doors.
I don't think that any fair tax will come with agreement on the definition of 'fair' by all sides.

You won't like reading this, but the link shows:

"In 2018, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97.1 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 2.9 percent.

The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (40.1 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (28.6 percent).

The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 25.4 percent average individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.4 percent)."

The problem with the tax code is:
A) It was written by Congress
B) Congress likes to take care of their own and their cronies
C) Low income people don't have the write-offs that would knock off a big chunk of their tax liability, nor do they have the money to buy assets that can be bought & sold without showing a gain or loss. Art as an investment has outpaced the stock markets for quite a while and it's pretty safe, if someone knows art well enough to buy the right pieces. Cars, homes...all kinds of things are off-limits to people who don't have money and that leads to jealousy/class hatred.

If you don't like the link, find another one.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I don't think that any fair tax will come with agreement on the definition of 'fair' by all sides.

You won't like reading this, but the link shows:

"In 2018, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97.1 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 2.9 percent.

The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (40.1 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (28.6 percent).

The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 25.4 percent average individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.4 percent)."

The problem with the tax code is:
A) It was written by Congress
B) Congress likes to take care of their own and their cronies
C) Low income people don't have the write-offs that would knock off a big chunk of their tax liability, nor do they have the money to buy assets that can be bought & sold without showing a gain or loss. Art as an investment has outpaced the stock markets for quite a while and it's pretty safe, if someone knows art well enough to buy the right pieces. Cars, homes...all kinds of things are off-limits to people who don't have money and that leads to jealousy/class hatred.

If you don't like the link, find another one.
It's what I meant buy the rich, and Top 1% especially. You tax them more and they just close shop.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Good grief, Biden. When asked what he'd do differently these next two years? Nothing. You'll find out. :oops:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It's what I meant buy the rich, and Top 1% especially. You tax them more and they just close shop.
What I should have made clear was the statistics you posted. You try and explain through tax percentages where the top income earners pay the most. When Biden says, "The rich need to pay their fair share." Maybe you counter with, "No, they already pay for everything." All the infrastructure we have today is because of them. The Industrial Revolution didn't happen by the lowest income earners. The middle class has more "stuff" in their homes thanks to innovation and capitalism. Even America's poor on average are wealthier than some other countries.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis