In-Ceiling Speakers Under $200/Each - Need Advice

HTME123

Enthusiast
Hi All, I need two in-ceiling speakers for my living room setup. They will be the two rear channels in a 5.1 system, and will serve double-duty for movies and music. I'd like them to be good enough to hold their own in All Channel stereo mode but reviews of in-ceiling speakers in general are all over the map. I'm looking to spend $200/each max and have been reading about the following options:

1. Paradigm H65 (local shop rec)
2. Klipsch CDT 2650 (local shop rec)
3. RSL 34E (Lots of good forum reviews)

Are these at all comparable? Is there one you think would be a clear winner? The RSL's are $125/each while the others are $200/each. Are there other speakers you'd recommend instead? B&W etc.

Thank you!

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
I only have experience with the RSL's. Using 4 if them for a 7.4 4 setup and love them. Easy install and great sound

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
I only have experience with the RSL's. Using 4 if them for a 7.4 4 setup and love them. Easy install and great sound
JBLs are/were on sale . Not sure what others feel about them. I have not heard them.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I bought RSL 34e, just need to install them... :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
C34e’s are excellent value. I have 4 in my 7.3.4 system. Also a pair of Polk rc85i in another rook. Pretty good for the money.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
There is some decent looking Revel and Monitor Audio speakers for around $200 each at crutchfield.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis