In-ceiling Only; 5 Speaker Crossover w/ no sub

P

Pike44

Enthusiast
For our downstairs living room, wife did not want any in-wall or visible speakers including a sub. The compromise ended up being five 8" Episode 1500 in-ceiling and no sub. On the Elite AVR this is setup as 5.1 with sub changed to no. When this is done, the fronts change to large (mandated when no sub is selected), center to small and surround to small with crossover at 80Hz. With these speakers rated as 38 Hz - 20 kHz, is this the best way to handle this or should I drop the cross over to 50Hz from the 80Hz since this is the only lower option on the Elite? Thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If the speakers are all the same I'd just run them all as large, don't see the point in having only two of them handle the lower frequencies.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
If the speakers are all the same I'd just run them all as large, don't see the point in having only two of them handle the lower frequencies.
+1
Better to share the work and easier on the AVR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P

Pike44

Enthusiast
Thanks, I will make the change. I wasn't sure if this was one of those where it made sense in some viewpoint like my media room having 4 different cross overs for the same surround walls and in ceiling speakers but now I am starting to question that as well but will create a new thread for that possible mess. Really wishing I could hire an AV person that I don't end up questioning what was done.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, I will make the change. I wasn't sure if this was one of those where it made sense in some viewpoint like my media room having 4 different cross overs for the same surround walls and in ceiling speakers but now I am starting to question that as well but will create a new thread for that possible mess. Really wishing I could hire an AV person that I don't end up questioning what was done.
You can access AV people here with questions :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis