In a bit of a pickle and need some input on 2.1 systems vs soundbars vs bluetooth stations

eastbayhiro

eastbayhiro

Audiophyte
Just got back from the in laws and salvaged some stuff that I'm finding sounds pretty damn good all things considering.

Few years ago I gave my father in law 6 NHT Super Zero XU's that I was given and had no space for (never plugged them in since I already had a pair of JBL towers). He never used them so they just sat. I told him I was building a small system and asked if I could have them back. No problem. Hey I've got an Energy ES-8 sub I'm not using feel free and take it. Okay. Fast forward a few hours and few stacks of Pasta Roni and I'm sitting in a pretty nice room of sound. Wish I had maybe another foot or two of separation, some real speaker stands, a more powerful receiver, and a house that's paid for... however I'm in the mix :D

Any suggestions on speaker placement are welcome. I'm about 2' behind the sweet spot. I'm either gonna fab some shoes to angle the speakers up or get a different tv stand. Two more boxes of Pasta Roni and they'd be about level with my ears on our low sitting couch. Thinking an already slightly tilted speaker like this would serve better angled up to help fill the room....thoughts? Also need to keep playing with the crossover on the sub. I like a wide range of music and watch quite a few movies, gonna be tricky setting it up. So far it sounds more musical and better than most 8" subs I've heard. Not sure if it's because it's in a corner near a rock fireplace or if it's the build but it's real punchy and hit's pretty low.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis