Impact Acoustics September Contest Giveaway - USB 5.1 Audio Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BethElder

Audiophyte
Answer to contest

before this contest I didn't know that there was an easy way to connect a pc to a stereo system - I use my mp3 for that.

Senior Audioholic
Sign me up!

Do you currently have a PC connected to your A/V system? If so, what kind of programming does it supply? If not, what would encourage you to consider a PC as an audio/video source component?
Yes, I have an old "Blaster PC" connected to my system. I use it to play MP3's and streaming audio from a radio station in Seattle that I can not receive in the house, and I lately used it to view the NASA TV's live webcast of the Deep Impact mission on my TV.

M

Moonraker

Enthusiast
I have my laptop connected to my a/v receiver for audio only. I'm weary of connecting video into my plasma screen, as my wife might abuse the "still picture" limitations!!

I do use my 400 CD changer for most of my music listening, and I use the laptop to listen to new tunes or new artists. My wife listens to KBCO, a straming radio station from Boulder.

My biggest turn off is the sound quality!! but this little gadget might encourage me to use my laptop more... :D

H

huma

Audiophyte
I have the audio/video from my desktop connected to my receiver. It's not surround sound, but it works. I also hooked up an IR sensor using the IRAssistant software to control desktop applications using my learning remote. I don't watch movies often, but being able to control the music in winamp using my home theater remote is... awesome.

N

Nobahar

Audiophyte
No I don't. A better household system would encourage me.

S

soccercoach61

Audiophyte
This would be great to pipe my MP3 music library out to the decks/patios around my pool!!

Consider me in!

Chuck

krafty9440

Audiophyte
Clint DeBoer said:
For September, Impact Acoustics is giving away five (5) of their new USB 5.1 Audio Adapters.

To be eligible to win, you must:
1) Have either USA or Canadian residency.
2) Answer the following question before the contest end date of September 30, 2005. Winners will be selected shortly thereafter.

Do you currently have a PC connected to your A/V system? If so, what kind of programming does it supply? If not, what would encourage you to consider a PC as an audio/video source component?

Best of luck from Audioholics and Impact Acoustics!

What does the USB 5.1 Audio Adapter do?
The Impact Acoustics™ USB 5.1 Audio Adapter enables you to generate Dolby® Digital or DTS® Surround Sound through your desktop or laptop. Now you can listen to your MP3 and WMA files that are on your PC through your stereo receiver. Get the clarity of an expensive 5.1 sound card with easy to use, cost-effective USB technology. This attractive audio adapter connects your computer to your mini disc recorder, receiver, amplifier, portable stereo, or PC multimedia speakers delivering full 5.1 sound.
No, if I had some really good speakers then I would use my PC as an a/v source component.

Last edited by a moderator:
smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
This would be a welcome addition to my HT set-up. I currently use my laptop as the main DVD player. I previously used Samsung and Toshiba DVD players and found they cannot compare to the quality of using a computer based DVD player and proper software. I am also preparing to replace my receiver, an aging HK unit, and this device would be used to link (optically) the DVD player to the new receiver. This device would upgrade my sound which is limited from the laptop to L/R stereo (no digital capability, well my current receiver is not digital capable either, so no big deal). Sign me up! Looks simpler than the Creative solution offered.

majorloser

majorloser

No, I currently do not have a computer connected to my home theater. It is something I have been working on. I am still trying to work out the design details for a HTPC.

D

dustytymes

Audiophyte
It's Great To Have Fun "Toys"!

When I bought my current computer, I wanted to have a systems that can play music well. (Sound is extremely important to me as a musician and editor.) I currently have an Altec Lancing Surround Sound Sytem (THX) connected into my A/V board which can do TV in/out. I don't recall what kind of board it is unless I open the chasis to look. I have been satisfied with it's performance, but I don't think it is totally accessible (input audio-wise) for satellite devices such as MP3 players. (Unless I just use what few USB ports I currently have.) Having a USB 5.1 Audio Adapter would be a welcome component.

By the way... Everyone have a Colorful Autumn!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bosslady2898

Audiophyte
No I don't have my PC hooked up to my AV system. I would LOVE to have it, but I don't have the first idea on how to do it.

A

agabriel

Junior Audioholic
When I played video games years ago I had my PC hooked up to my stereo. These days, I would like to hook a PC up, but I want the ability to record HD content from HBO and the INHD channels. I have not seen that option available yet, so I haven't built a PC for the task yet.

V

v1nce

Audiophyte
I don't currnetly have my PC hooked up to my AV system. In the past, I've had it hooked up to a projector and speakers for watching movies.

W

Wabbit_Swayer

Junior Audioholic
I currently have my NF4 digital coax out running into my 3805. For my FLAC encoded CDs, there is negligible difference between the original and the ripped/encoded copy.

Its an interesting concept, audio out of a usb device. I wonder if it can decode DD from games, or just music and/or movies. I wouldn't mind owning one myself. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis