Impact Acoustics HDMI Selector

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
If you find yourself with digital cable, a Playstation 3 or one of the newer Xbox 360's, and a high def player you're going to appreciate that Impact Acoustics has come out with two HDMI switchers to meet your needs.

Discuss "Impact Acoustics HDMI Selector" here. Read the article.

R

Ryan8886

Audioholic
I won the 2-port version on here a few months ago. It sat around collecting dust for a while but I decided to integrate into my setup when I tore it all apart to add the Emotiva LPA-1 a couple weeks ago. The device works as advertised and switching over everything to HDMI allowed me to get rid of several bulky component cables. My Harmony 880 handles the switching seamlessly. I do get a shakey picture for about 2-4 seconds after switching inputs, however it clears up without issue. Assuming it has something to do with HDCP handshake.
If you're looking to move up to HDMI but don't want to spend the cash for a new receiver, I would highly recommend this piece.

Last edited:
OttoMatic

OttoMatic

Senior Audioholic
Unless I'm missing some bit of functionality of the Impact Acoustics device, this Monoprice device seems to be a very similar machine for much less money. I'm using a three-port version with no problem.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I just called Monoprice to get an RMA. It does not work with all my devices. It won't operate my DishNetwork 622 VIP DVR at all!!! It will operate my HD-XA2 but only by itself. Same with my BD-P1200. Only works if it is the only device plugged into the switch.

I placed an order for the Impact Acoustics switch today!! Hope I have better luck.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I won the 2-port version almost a year ago. Well, I went ahead and bought an A2 during the Walmart frenzy. The switch would pass my DishDVR622 np, but would not pass the A2. After trying multiple cables in varing configuations I contact Impact Acoustics and they replaced it no charge (and upgraded me to a 3-port b/c they didn't make the 2-port anymore). 3-port works fine.

Couldn't ask for a better response of product support from a company. Won a customer for life!

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I won the 2-port version almost a year ago. Well, I went ahead and bought an A2 during the Walmart frenzy. The switch would pass my DishDVR622 np, but would not pass the A2. After trying multiple cables in varing configuations I contact Impact Acoustics and they replaced it no charge (and upgraded me to a 3-port b/c they didn't make the 2-port anymore). 3-port works fine.

Couldn't ask for a better response of product support from a company. Won a customer for life!
Thanks for the input. I bought the 5 port version and got my 20% discount. Could not get the 25% discount that was mentioned here on this site. Could not find a link or promotion code. I also had to pay tax since I am here in TX so I broke even, more or less after shipping.

I hope I have the same results you did.

Happy Holidays!

O

ouchakov

Enthusiast
Impact Acoustics 5 Port HDMI Switch Does NOT work with Sony DVP-CX995v

Just in case people are wondering, I tried the impact acoustics 5 port HDMI switch with 2 of my Sony 400 dvd changers with no success. It switched my dish VIP722 and Toshiba DVD player but not Sonys.
I must have changed 4 different HDMI switches from various Companies that were below $150. (No, I did not try grossly over-priced Gefen switches). The only one that worked with my changers was the new Monoprice 4-port HDMI switch, with 2.5 version software. (They have a 5-port 2.1v switch, and it did not work).

Hope this helps to people with Sony changers.

Good luck,

- AO

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Just in case people are wondering, I tried the impact acoustics 5 port HDMI switch with 2 of my Sony 400 dvd changers with no success. It switched my dish VIP722 and Toshiba DVD player but not Sonys.
I must have changed 4 different HDMI switches from various Companies that were below $150. (No, I did not try grossly over-priced Gefen switches). The only one that worked with my changers was the new Monoprice 4-port HDMI switch, with 2.5 version software. (They have a 5-port 2.1v switch, and it did not work).

Hope this helps to people with Sony changers.

Good luck,

- AO
Thats funny. That is the one I bought from Monoprice (4x1 2.5) and it did not work with my new equipment nor my DN VIP 622 DVR.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
If you find yourself with digital cable, a Playstation 3 or one of the newer Xbox 360's, and a high def player you're going to appreciate that Impact Acoustics has come out with two HDMI switchers to meet your needs.

Discuss "Impact Acoustics HDMI Selector" here. Read the article.

Unit worked flawlessly with my BD-P1200, HDXA2, Panasonic AE700u, and DishNetwork 622VIP DVR. Could not be happier. I can even switch on the fly without locking up or losing a signal!!

PhillyDan1969

PhillyDan1969

Junior Audioholic
Monoprice 4-1 HDMI switcher!!!

I just purchased the Monoprice 4-1 HDMI Switcher about 3 days ago, should be arriving by Monday as I shipped it ground, the unit cost me $39.10!!!

I was skeptical about buying it, I read tons of reviews (including CNET) that praised the Monoprice switcher but I also found a ton of negative information about certain HDMI electronics not working with this switcher.

The thing I really found however was that this seemed to be occuring with just about any brand HDMI switcher on the market right now, whether pricey or cheap, some times devices worked and other times they didn't!!!

I've got my fingers crossed that I don't run into any problems but I am not holding my breath. I am hoping to run a Motorola HD-DVR, an XBOX 360, and Toshiba HD-A2 through the HDMI switch then into my display via a HDMI/DVi cable!!!

PhillyDan1969

PhillyDan1969

Junior Audioholic
OK the monoprice 4X1 HDMI switch failed when I connected my Toshiba HD-A2 and my Motorola HD-DVR, so I am going to spend the extra $60 some dollars and grab the Impact Acoustics 5X1 HDMI switch!!!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
will this switcher pass all the fancy audio formats?

W

westcott

Audioholic General
OK the monoprice 4X1 HDMI switch failed when I connected my Toshiba HD-A2 and my Motorola HD-DVR, so I am going to spend the extra $60 some dollars and grab the Impact Acoustics 5X1 HDMI switch!!!
IA 5x1 worked for me on the HDXA2, the DN VPN622, and the BD-P1200 when the monoprice would NOT!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis