Image Shrink, Best Options?

D

DataSurfer

Audiophyte
I just installed an Epson 8500UB. The image is amazing. However I need to shrink the image by about 5%-10% to get it to fit on the screen. Its already zoomed down as far as it will go and the projector doesn't seem to have any image resize option.

What would you guys recommend for shrinking the image?

The installation does not allow me to use a bigger screen or to bring the projector any closer. I am using an HDMI input from a Blu-ray player and a component input from a cable box.

D

DataSurfer

Audiophyte
I just found the Navitar 1.20X ScreenStar Telephoto Converter lens which may work.

Does anyone else manufacture telephoto converter lenses?

Ref:
presentation.navitar.com/pages/product_information/screenstar_projection_conversion_lenses/overview.cfm

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Not going to get into how you let this occur, but the projector should be moved to the proper location for hitting the image size you need. You are degrading the image unless you go with a REALLY nice external lens.

The Navitar at $900-$1,000 is about the right product required, and will still degrade the image a bit as well as reduce light output.

Go that route if moving the projector to the proper location is not an option.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
you could "black out" what is falling off the screen, and live with it.

S

Sherardp

Audioholic
you could "black out" what is falling off the screen, and live with it.
Go larger screen or move the PJ closer. It seems you don't have many options here. How did you end up overshooting the image anyway?

C

chadburger

Banned
I know you said you cant go bigger or move Projector but I cant imagine that there is no possible way to mount a pull down screen manual or electric, then just move screen closer and m=moce it out of the way when not in use. You could take screen off hooks when a wife gets in the way.
Other than that if you refuse to work at this your stuck unless you get a Projector with more zoom range.

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
I think before I'd spend nearly a grand on a rube-goldberg contraption I'd just MOVE the damn projector closer - no matter what it takes to do it .... that is after kicking whoever installed it right square in the arse. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis