Im tired of seeing uneducated buyers

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Nooooooooooooooo...........The point is that everyone has their priorities. To some, the import is on value, others - ease of use, others - convenience, others - status, etc. Just because you don't agree with their final decision, doesn't mean they didn't spend a great deal of time "researching" it. They were just using a different set of criteria.

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Well I have to say it looks like I kinda opend a can of worms here. I didnt nesicarily mean EVERYTHING that you spend money on. The aim was more expnsive "Hobbys" such as Holm audio/Video cars ect. Stuff like that can and normally be expensive and if youre not carefull a big waste of money. I can speak from experiance the example I used in the frist post is a good one. He was seeking a High end audio system with out knowing anything about them except what advertising he saw and what the guy at Best Buy told him. He spent a lot of money and he didnt get a bad reciever but the speakers as we all know arent worth half of that (There Bose 6.1 cube thingys) the point is he thught it sounded decent untill he came over and heard my system wich was a very lil bit more if at all and sounds so much richer and fuller but it was to late for him. So the moral of the story is you should do SOME sort of research before diving into something that has so many options that you probably dont even know about (No one I know has any idea who makes 90% of my system but they all know Bose and say there the best)

Sean

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Rowdy S13 said:
Well I have to say it looks like I kinda opend a can of worms here.
Nah, it wasnt a can of worms. It just touched our passions.

My theory on this whole subject is that we are guys and we think with our brain located below our belts.

Wine, women, song, cars, books, whatever we might buy or crave, it is our lower brain that does most of our thinking. Which means we are a bit of an impluse buyer.... our lower brain twitches and we pull out wallet and follow its lead.

The flip side of the impulse buyer, is the anal retentive buyer who will drive 6 miles between 5 grocery stores to determine the best buy for a single 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke. Not a lot of us are that anal retentive, but there are some of us that are pretty close. These types of guys have been researching their first HT purchase since 1994. One day, they will replace their 1979 Awia boombox, but not today, because they haven't finished researching their receiver.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Generally I'm not bothered by uninformed buyers, but I am annoyed by those who don't research before they buy, then ***** when they get ripped off.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
but I am annoyed by those who don't research before they buy, then ***** when they get ripped off.
Gotta agree - if I make an impulse buy and get a POS, I chalk it up to yet one more reason not to make an impulse buy. In short - One should take responsibility for one's actions - you purchased a POS on an impulse, don't blame the POS!

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Some with money to burn will just figure if it costs alot,it will be good get the biggest and not worry about matching up stuff.

C

claudermilk

Full Audioholic
I think for those sorts the price tag is what it's all about. "Hey, look, I just got a $12,000 receiver and fancy $8,000 per foot cables! Aren't I cool?"

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis