I'm so stumped plz help

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
So I have a older Denon 3805 I running klipsch rf63s Polk CSI A4 center energy rc mini Polk t300 as surrounds and a single center back Polk csr .. I play everything threw my Xbox one x .. so yesterday I switched out my receiver to a onyko 585 Dolby Atmos 7.2 channel anyways I loved it besides fact it gave me crackling and or static from all speakers so I figured ok something wrong with the recever and switched back yet there was still static I played around moved power cables checked wires tried different apps some songs be perfect other unlistenable .. so I switched yesterday from Dolby Atmos to Dolby digital today on my Xbox then I just tried DTS static goes away why on earth is this happening I want to use my new reciever and Dolby plz help

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Some punctuation and a better explanation of what is happening would help us help you...

Do you have Atmos speakers? The crackling happens with both receivers, only the Onkyo, only the Denon, only with Atmos or all of the above..?

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
"single center back Polk csr"?? What does this mean? Systems today don't typically use center speakers in the rear, if that's what you mean.

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
I guess what speakers I have don't matter really .. but yes the Denon receiver is older and has option for a center back .. the oynko is about a year old but same issue with both it seems to be Dolby setting on Xbox that is causing the crackling cause dts is fine

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Systems today don't typically use center speakers in the rear, if that's what you mean.
Randomly had done some research on DTS 5.1 recordings because my Front Center wouldn't turn on... because that protocol is for a Rear Center! The AVR sends the signal, Mono presumably, to both Rear Surrounds. Strange indeed! Stranger still, I am able to set up in my Marantz for a single Rear Center in place of 2 Rear Surrounds.

Just weird randomness... Thought I would share. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis