I'm so not happy rite now...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Once again, I am so sorry.

We don't have kids and our two dogs are our family. You will seldom see us in person or even see a picture of us without a dog present. I have lost several dogs through my life and it's difficult each time. I try to just keep the pleasant memories close and it always puts a smile on my face.

When I lost my 13 year old Boxer it was the worst day/days I have ever had. You talk about a big, tough man breaking down like a baby at the Vet.... I have been through divorces that were easier than that.

I am always amazed about the instinct they have. Our little one gets depressed easily if she knows the wife and I are arguing or if one of us comes home late. She knows that every Friday night is our night out and you can see it on her face as soon as we get home from work on Fridays. She just sprawls out on the floor and won't move and her eyes get so sad.

The beauty is that they get over loss quickly. Just gives your's a little extra attention and in a couple of days he will be fine. He will continue to look for her on occasion but he will be ok.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Very very sorry to hear about your loss. I was never a dog owner before we got Fergus and I cannot imagine our family without him. Take care.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Sorry for the loss. I know how hard it is. I had to put my mutt down this past fall. She was mostly blind, acted deaf (selective?), hips were going, and then she had what looked like a stroke. Bad list to the port side. I held on for 3 days before I could accept that it was time. It's so hard because they become such a part of your life. Always there for you no matter what...bad breath and all.

Remember the good times, the goofy times, and tell the stories for laughs. Be glad for the time you had together, just as you said.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I almost hate to admit it because I loved my parents, but I cried more over putting my dog to sleep than any other death close to me.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
New mail man, opened the gate which says "DOGS DO NOT OPEN GATE" to look for the mail box which is 3 feet in front of the gate, no reason to enter the gate, well then we didnt know the gate had been opened my wife let the dogs into the gated portion of the yard and the gate was opened and not shut properly, the dogs ate outside, then figured out the gate was opened and ran out. My male came rite to the front door and the female had to be called in, but the excitement after she ate made her stomach twist... These are very high strung hunting dogs, they do the same thing every day, they eat and then sleep, because they are barrel chested they are prone to bloat which is there stomach twisting in their body...

Just got a call from the vet they are going to put her to sleep, the only option is surgery and that doesnt work out well, plus she has had some issues already so, its the rite thing to do...

Just sucks...
Sorry to hear this man. I had to pud my dog down in December after 13 years from Cancer. It was the worst day of my life.

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

Sorry to hear.

I would ask about getting your other dog gastropexy to reduce this greatly from happening.

I would also ask the vet to teach you how to do an emergency port of the abdomen if it were to ever happen again.

This goes for anyone with a large chested breed.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I was told they only do that after a dog has bloat and it cant be severe bloat, I dont think they do it as a preventive measure unless there is already a problem...

Matt34

Matt34

It is a preventive measure. We get all our working dogs done now before they are sent out into the field.

C

cryhavoc38

Audiophyte
very sorry to hear about your dog.

I too have lost my two labs in the span of 4 years. Both passed at 8 years of age. One to blood vessel cancer and the other from a brain tumor.
Breaks the heart that will never heal fully..Especially when you have raised them from sharp toothed little puppies with big feet.

I miss them both and just got some dust in my eye..

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry about the dog. It's too bad you have to use the Vet as well. I hate making other people put down a pet.

Make sure you get a puppy. There are plenty of dogs that need a loving owner.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis