I'm no HT authority, but the new Happy/Madison collection...

nick_danger

nick_danger

Audioholic
... is a great transfer. It's not labeled SuperBit, but the film quality is so sharp! It's one of the best looking DVDs in my collection, I have to say. It also includes a DTS soundtrack. Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison in one $20 pack at Best Buy right now.

nick_danger

nick_danger

Audioholic
Duffinator said:
Is Happy Gilmore in widescreen?
Yes, both are together in one widescreen pack - anamorphic. What's cool is that they are true 16:9, filling the entire screen, no little black bars at the top and bottom. Happy's black Bruins jersey is so black! The black levels are so deep, it looks great. Madison looks better than Happy, I think, there seems to be more noise in the Happy transfer, but I've got no complaints. Great pack!

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
nick_danger said:
Yes, both are together in one widescreen pack - anamorphic. What's cool is that they are true 16:9, filling the entire screen, no little black bars at the top and bottom. Happy's black Bruins jersey is so black! The black levels are so deep, it looks great. Madison looks better than Happy, I think, there seems to be more noise in the Happy transfer, but I've got no complaints. Great pack!
Cool, the original DVD of Happy Gilmore was pan and scan only. I'm not a huge Adam Sandler fan but I love Happy Gilmore. And the scene with Julie Bowen.......

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis