I'm Moving and It's a Disaster For My Home Theater Systems

J

jjcdennis

Audiophyte
I have had 2 excellent HT systems in my home. One 11.3 Atmos setup and a 7.2 system. Both were connected through Denon receivers, wired and worked perfectly. I'm moving and won't have the luxury of an unfinished basement that was critical to my system setups. I have a couple questions and some options for comment:
1- Are there wireless adapters that would work well between Denon receivers and speakers, including multiple subs? I have seen early versions of these wireless adapters - Bestbuy used to sell them. If you are aware of these, please advise. I would be looking at likely a couple 7.2 setups, basement and main floor.
2- The other option is to sell all my gear and go with Soundbars. I have looked at a number of these. Y...tube reviewers are pushing mostly So**S, Sam***g, Vizio and JBL and to me they would push sound around big rooms, but I am not 100% sold on what the sound would be like. I can't find anyone that demoes these brands where I am.
I'd appreciate some help, as going forward I have no solutions set.
Thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have had 2 excellent HT systems in my home. One 11.3 Atmos setup and a 7.2 system. Both were connected through Denon receivers, wired and worked perfectly. I'm moving and won't have the luxury of an unfinished basement that was critical to my system setups. I have a couple questions and some options for comment:
1- Are there wireless adapters that would work well between Denon receivers and speakers, including multiple subs? I have seen early versions of these wireless adapters - Bestbuy used to sell them. If you are aware of these, please advise. I would be looking at likely a couple 7.2 setups, basement and main floor.
2- The other option is to sell all my gear and go with Soundbars. I have looked at a number of these. Y...tube reviewers are pushing mostly So**S, Sam***g, Vizio and JBL and to me they would push sound around big rooms, but I am not 100% sold on what the sound would be like. I can't find anyone that demoes these brands where I am.
Thanks
A sound bar will be a big step down.

If you have a basement, then you might have to bite the bullet, and open up all the walls. Good HT does require some rebuild, that will be part of your cost.

When I bought the house before last, I pulled that whole floor apart. In the last move I built the house, so I had a true free hand. Forget Wi-Fi connections. Open up the walls and do the job properly.

Last edited:
G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Thanks
I saw your same post over on AVS. Be aware wireless still requires each speaker to be pulled into an AC outlet. Lots of ways to hide surface mount wires either in paintable tracks, special adapted baseboards or crown moulding.

C

Cheynastro

Audiophyte
When I relocated, I had to rethink everything, including my home entertainment system. We ended up going with wireless adapters for our speakers, and they worked like a charm. As for soundbars, it's tough to judge without hearing them firsthand. Maybe check out some local electronics stores or see if friends have them. Whatever you decide, just make sure it fits your space and needs! And hey, speaking of moving, have you considered reaching out to a professional moving company like Tetris Flytt? They might have some insights into setting up your new space too.

Last edited:
-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
11.3 Atmos setup and a 7.2 system to Soundbars? :rolleyes:

They say Suicide is painless.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis