I'm looking for some good 1000$ish or best value tower speakers.

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
Ha ha! There's the disconnect! I saw towers and assumed. Now it all make sense. Damnit. I try not to do that.

Oh jeez... the rest of it is sinking in now too! You want some more warm blankety speakers, but with good sparkle. Got it. I'm on board now, lol. I would not consider the Ultras really warm, but they definitely have the sparkle. How they'd blend, it's hard to say until you try. Like I said tho, you could give them a try risk free. For that matter since they're not going to be mains I think the Prime towers are legitimate candidates too, and not as pricey. So I retract my statement there.
Thanks ill add that to the list of potential speakers to check out some more :)

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
I thought the Fluance Signature three-way towers were pretty good for the price. Not sure why these aren't recommended more.
Did you happen to review them? Link went to the manufacture website. I have some older Fluance. For some reason, Fluance gets a bad rap lately. I like the look of the Signature series. Just haven't heard them but would love to.

Very best,

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
Even though these are discontinued I just finished watching a review for the Wharfedale Diamond 11.4's and for 600$ they sound like another candidate aswell.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks ill add that to the list of potential speakers to check out some more :)
Someone on here put SVS through the wringer with the 45 day trial, ordered 2 pairs of tower speakers and 3 different subwoofers I think? The big ones, sealed and ported. He ordered them all up and compared them all at home at the same time. Kept what he liked and sent the rest back. SVS took care of it all with a smile and a "thank you". He definitely got his dollar's worth in demos.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Ha ha! There's the disconnect! I saw towers and assumed. Now it all make sense. Damnit. I try not to do that.

Oh jeez... the rest of it is sinking in now too! You want some more warm blankety speakers, but with good sparkle. Got it. I'm on board now, lol. I would not consider the Ultras really warm, but they definitely have the sparkle. How they'd blend, it's hard to say until you try. Like I said tho, you could give them a try risk free. For that matter since they're not going to be mains I think the Prime towers are legitimate candidates too, and not as pricey. So I retract my statement there.
Dude needs some bmr's..evo 4.2s may work as well.. Not towers though , but both are 3 way books..

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Did you happen to review them? Link went to the manufacture website. I have some older Fluance. For some reason, Fluance gets a bad rap lately. I like the look of the Signature series. Just haven't heard them but would love to.

Very best,
Yup, here.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Even though these are discontinued I just finished watching a review for the Wharfedale Diamond 11.4's and for 600$ they sound like another candidate aswell.
You should just get those Emotiva speakers. Since you’re just looking for sides and surrounds. They will work just fine for your setup. Then you need to get some Liutanie Gold Connectors from @shadyJ.....they are perfect for your setup!

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
You should just get those Emotiva speakers. Since you’re just looking for sides and surrounds. They will work just fine for your setup. Then you need to get some Liutanie Gold Connectors from @shadyJ.....they are perfect for your setup!
well if im using 71K$ speaker wire for a pair of 400-1000$ speakers I think my priorities would be a bit backwards :D

like putting a 50K$ sound system in a 600$ craigslist car that's missing all but the doors it seems a bit ass backwards

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
no I'm picking up some tower speakers for front wide's and surround backs that I can swap into any position in my system (my surrounds can also be my mains for example):D
im running a Frankenstein system haha .. rtr vintage 8” bookshelves as fronts , Sony center ...
Good plan my bedroom surrounds are towers
46A043E1-AB4F-4CB3-9424-C70A3BE61A4D.jpeg

My main system is all Klipch icons.

Recoveryone

Recoveryone

Audiophyte
here's the vid that inspired this search,

some really well made 2 way are the minimum bar for me, at this price I imagine you can get all the way up to good 3 way towers.

other options I'm looking at are as follows;

-Jamo C97 MK II

-Q acoustics 3050i

-Fluance XL8F

-Jamo S 809

-Klipsch RP-8000F

-JBL Studio 590

-Klipsch KG3.5

-Klipsch Vintage KLF-10

-Klipsch RF3 II

Any Brand as long as they are well built and sound great are welcome.:cool:

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Someone on here put SVS through the wringer with the 45 day trial, ordered 2 pairs of tower speakers and 3 different subwoofers I think? The big ones, sealed and ported. He ordered them all up and compared them all at home at the same time. Kept what he liked and sent the rest back. SVS took care of it all with a smile and a "thank you". He definitely got his dollar's worth in demos.
Yeah and that’s why the prices are so high on lot of their gear you pay for the demo .
Ofc they must make quality gear :wonder if budget brands like fluance compare to higher end stuff like that’s similar in low price .
Unfortunately gotta be cash strapped to test or demo gear from other sites that don’t offer free trials .
hard for anyone low in money to be sure they picked the best gear .
Tons of stuff under $1000 pair or each whatever this thread specifically asking for .

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis