NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Been gone a while. Tons of stuff has happened since I've been gone, here's the cliff notes:

-I finished my degree
-My girlfriend and I moved in together, halfway across the country, I transferred to a different restaurant in the chain I worked at so I'd at have something while looking for work in my field.
-We got engaged
-I got a job in my field
-Upgraded to a newer car that I've always liked
-Getting married this weekend

I think that about covers it, but here's a picture of the HT setup in our place.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Congratulations!
We've missed you, but it sounds like lots of facets of your life are shaping up nicely!

I'm not too familiar with Boston Acoustics models. When did those come out? Are they current or a previous model?

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Half way across the country...so Nebraska?

Congrats on the wedding. Relax and enjoy the ceremony and spending time with your guests many of whome you probably don't get to see regularly.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Congrats on getting done with school, getting a real job, and getting married!!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks all!

Congratulations!
We've missed you, but it sounds like lots of facets of your life are shaping up nicely!

I'm not too familiar with Boston Acoustics models. When did those come out? Are they current or a previous model?
I've had these speakers going on close to 20 years now. I keep thinking about upgrading them. Maybe after taxes next year? Who knows.

Half way across the country...so Nebraska?

Congrats on the wedding. Relax and enjoy the ceremony and spending time with your guests many of whome you probably don't get to see regularly.
Illinois, and it was a private civil ceremony for just the two of us. Nice and stress free that way! She had a spinal fusion a few months back and is still recovering. Once she's feeling better we'll have some parties.

@NINaudio
just curious, what field you working in now?
High energy physics

Hey NIN! Good to see you again!
Hey Pogre, good to see you again too.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
High energy physics
Nice! You found a job in your field? And, a BS degree?

If a BS degree, it can be tough to find a job in the physics field. I do have a couple friends that found jobs working on electronics and working on laser systems.

I'm a BS in Chemistry with 17 years industrial analytical chemistry experience.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Nice! You found a job in your field? And, a BS degree?

If a BS degree, it can be tough to find a job in the physics field. I do have a couple friends that found jobs working on electronics and working on laser systems.

I'm a BS in Chemistry with 17 years industrial analytical chemistry experience.
I have a BS in Biology, worked in cosmetic chemistry for 15 years, decided I couldn't do that until I retired, and went back to school for another BS in Engineering Physics. I'm an Accelerator Operator at Fermilab. I remember reading all about this place and the experiments it was running. Never imagined I'd end up working there one day!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a BS in Biology, worked in cosmetic chemistry for 15 years, decided I couldn't do that until I retired, and went back to school for another BS in Engineering Physics. I'm an Accelerator Operator at Fermilab. I remember reading all about this place and the experiments it was running. Never imagined I'd end up working there one day!
Dream job! If I wasn't such a truck up as a kid...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
That is great! It is awesome when you get a job in your field , esp at a place like that!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
For some reason I read that as cosmic chemistry instead of cosmetic. I was really curious until my brain told me to re-read. Well, I'm honestly still curious as to what cosmetic chemistry is.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm gonna guess he was involved with product safety. Making sure any cetain combination of chemicals in their products, when used together don't turn into flouroantimonic acid and melt your armpits or something...

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
For some reason I read that as cosmic chemistry instead of cosmetic. I was really curious until my brain told me to re-read. Well, I'm honestly still curious as to what cosmetic chemistry is.
I'm gonna guess he was involved with product safety. Making sure any cetain combination of chemicals in their products, when used together don't turn into flouroantimonic acid and melt your armpits or something...
I was in product development. I made a lot of lipstick and even have a patent for one of the lipstick projects I worked on. Not something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. lol

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
You've heard of "putting lip-stick on a pig"?

Well, that was his job, literally! :eek::eek::p:D
While I've never actually put lipstick on a pig, I did have a job working on soaps where we would wash sections of pig skin and then extract the leftover cholesterol as a way to judge how harsh the soap was.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis