Illegal downloaders of music are no worse than the RIAA

J

jamie2112

Banned
I am totally NOT suprised as the riaa has been screwing us and the artists for ever.....I hope they get the Hell sued out of them......

alcy

alcy

Audioholic Intern
RIAA Pockets Filesharing Settlement Money, Doesn't Pay Artists Whose Copyrights Were Infringed
By Alex Chasick on March 17, 2008 4:21 PM

Is it just in my browser or is that news quite old ! :confused:

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
It looks to be an article from 2 years back. I didn't find any updates or what came of it. None of that changes the fact that it's still a BS move on the part of the RIAA.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Old article. Anyway, I probably pirate more music than a bunch of my friends but I probably buy more music/movies/games than all my friends put together. Not an excuse or whatever, I'm just saying.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
RIAA Pockets Filesharing Settlement Money, Doesn't Pay Artists Whose Copyrights Were Infringed
By Alex Chasick on March 17, 2008 4:21 PM

Is it just in my browser or is that news quite old ! :confused:
Its an old article and I only noticed after the fact but the action of the RIAA to further prosecute the little people without returning the procedes to the artists is still going on. I hope the artists move towards indie labels and the RIAA rots in hell. The RIAA are nothing but crooked vultures.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
In response to your original post -

Pirates might be "cheating" the musicians. The RIAA definitely is worse because they sue people for money that they are supposedly stealing from the pockets of artists, but rather than giving the settlement money or fees obtained they are keeping it rather than giving it to said artists. Anyway, not every download is a lost sale either.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis