If you ever come to BC, take the Skytrain or Bus.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Rar,

I was out today, listening to stereo's and looking into car subwoofers (brother is considering a new one cause the one he has now is boomy) and I was nearly killed 6 times(exaggeration).

I turned into a parking lot to go to beam riders, and parked. I then found out they are closed on weekends, so I got back in my Honda Pilot (which is my parents) and began to leave.

As I was driving towards the exit, I was almost backed into by a jeep. Someone thought they were too good to turn their fat head and look, and just thought speeding backwards was a good idea.

After the ABS system shut off (yes I had to break that hard) I began heading to the exit again. Before I could get out, I had to turn around a corner, to the right. Just before I got to the corner, an Asian driver, in a blue rice patty came flying around the corner, in my lane, and nearly smashed into the front of my car. Again, I had to slam on the breaks. The part that disturbs me the most, is she wasn't even phased. Didn't stop, didn't signal, nothing.

Now, I was finally out of that death trap. I turned back onto the main drag heading towards my neighborhood, and I was stuck behind one of those "slower is safer" drivers. This is a very common mistake. You see, If your driving 30KPH, and everyone else is going 50, you are causing back ups, that can cause rear ends. Everyone has to slow down, or go around you, and that causes unsafe lane changes. What do you do? YOU GO WITH THE FLOW! I can't STAND it when people drive slow, thinking, "look at me, I'm captain safe". NO, YOUR CAPTAIN DOLT YOU GARBAGE EATING **** HEAD.

Finally, I reached my turn off, and began heading up a hill, just to be stuck behind another slow ***. If your car can't make it up a hill, walk, bus, or stay home. Sometimes you have to push the gas pedal a little to in order to maintain the speed limit. I know its confusing, but it works.

Home stretch. I'm safe, no more idiots, no more bad drivers to clog my way. WRONG. Bring on the no signal/late brakers! These are the scum that think its alright to change lanes, or take any turn without putting on a signal, leaving the people behind them clueless as to their next move. They sometimes transform, power up if you will, and combine their powers with late braking. This is when they slam on their brakes at an intersection, and then flip on their turn signal(sometimes don't) and expect you to stop.

Ok, I'm done.

People are lucky I take CD's with me instead of a bat.

SheepStar

Last edited:
racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
You are soooooooooo lucky you don't live in Michigan. Everything you described is a common everyday occurrence in my lovely state. The main road I travel on is a 70 mph interstate. The speed of the drivers varies wildly from about 40 mph to 85 mph. None of the people in my state even know what a turn signal is. I would say 8 or 9 out of 10 people never use their turn signal - for anything!!!

So I try to stick to the surface streets to get home - a mere 2 or 3 mile trip. I nearly get in an accident every day. I have to drive so defensively because everyone here is a selfish moron. Traffic lights may as well not exist. Everyone runs red lights because there is absolutely no enforcement of the law.

Anyway, I feel your pain. It's probably not much better any where you go, especially in the states. People are getting dumber and dumber and driving bigger and bigger vehicles. Pretty soon highways are going to become one big game of bumper cars. They will need to line the inside of vehicles like they do the rooms for crazy people so they don't try to kill themselves. Bumpers will encompass the entire vehicle. I can't wait!! I've been wanted to ram quite a few people for a long time!!

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Come drive in a California city for 1 day, I guarantee you won't come back. :)

~Chuck

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
amateurs. defensive driving. ha.

I guess you guys have never been in a high speed car chase. both chasing and being chased (i did some pretty stupid stuff which I regret in retrospect)

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

"Miami - See it like a native"
There's a reason we all carry handguns! Just need to work on my left-handed through the window accuracy.

Florida has the highest rate of un-insured motorists in the nation. Not that it matters since most of the residents washed up on shore last week.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
majorloser said:
"Miami - See it like a native"
There's a reason we all carry handguns! Just need to work on my left-handed through the window accuracy.

Florida has the highest rate of un-insured motorists in the nation. Not that it matters since most of the residents washed up on shore last week.
Now this is what i called aggressive driving! Lol...! One day i got pulled over by a cop at 6 in the morning. One stupid oldtown car driving in the highway at 40 at a 65 limit on the left lane. A cop on the other lane driving almost the same. I took my chances, sped up a bit..and take the left lane right in front of the cop. Surely, he quickly chased my up, stopped me, no good morning rituals...just straight to yelling: YOU just sped up in fron of a police officer!! That is aggressive driving...! I can put u to jail for that, do u know that! First thing came across my mind was: Sh*t, this guy didn't get laid last nite!...hahaha...I wasn't even mad or anything, just pity towards him. But i was really confused, 2 cars in the morning (3 with me), you can't even drive about 10 miles above limit cuz it's dangerous (to the trees???:confused: ). I was only trying to get rid of you both slow drivers!!
Got a $140 ticket!!woohooo...Thanks!

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
masak_aer said:
Now this is what i called aggressive driving! Lol...! One day i got pulled over by a cop at 6 in the morning. One stupid oldtown car driving in the highway at 40 at a 65 limit on the left lane. A cop on the other lane driving almost the same. I took my chances, sped up a bit..and take the left lane right in front of the cop. Surely, he quickly chased my up, stopped me, no good morning rituals...just straight to yelling: YOU just sped up in fron of a police officer!! That is aggressive driving...! I can put u to jail for that, do u know that! First thing came across my mind was: Sh*t, this guy didn't get laid last nite!...hahaha...I wasn't even mad or anything, just pity towards him. But i was really confused, 2 cars in the morning (3 with me), you can't even drive about 10 miles above limit cuz it's dangerous (to the trees???:confused: ). I was only trying to get rid of you both slow drivers!!
Got a $140 ticket!!woohooo...Thanks!
How fast were you going?

Passing an officer isn't illegal unless he/she has their lights flashing. But if you exceeded the speed limit while doing that, then it is your own fault. :)

~Chuck

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Gentlemen, the last time I walked into a Police Department about 12 years ago, I was there to pay a speeding ticket....I laid down 150 dollars cash green, which I could have sorely used elsewhere, and all I got back was a little white piece of paper that had some black numbers on it....and, at the bottom, it said in black letters, "Thank You"....a receipt....I said right then, never again....

.....but, the initial outlay for the ticket was not the worst ramification....it takes three years in Arkansas for a ticket to evolve off your driving record....during those three years, my insurance company was kind enough, bless their hearts, to progressively raise my insurance premium about 50%, knowing full well I could not go elsewhere and receive a preferred rate with the ticket on my record....even though they be comprised of tin, those at this site who have ears, listen.....

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
.....Gentlemen, the last time I walked into a Police Department about 12 years ago, I was there to pay a speeding ticket....I laid down 150 dollars cash green, which I could have sorely used elsewhere, and all I got back was a little white piece of paper that had some black numbers on it....and, at the bottom, it said in black letters, "Thank You"....a receipt....I said right then, never again....

.....but, the initial outlay for the ticket was not the worst ramification....it takes three years in Arkansas for a ticket to evolve off your driving record....during those three years, my insurance company was kind enough, bless their hearts, to progressively raise my insurance premium about 50%, knowing full well I could not go elsewhere and receive a preferred rate with the ticket on my record....even though they be comprised of tin, those at this site who have ears, listen.....
Listening

I have never had ANY traffic ticket. I have actually avoided crashes. Mostly rear ends, I always look up when they are sliding towards me and I gun it to get out of the way.

I may not be able to spell, but I received training to race go karts (reach 150KPH), so I can out-drive the lot of you! :rolleyes:

SheepStar

majorloser

majorloser

Sheep said:
I may not be able to spell, but I received training to race go karts (reach 150KPH), so I can out-drive the lot of you! :rolleyes:

SheepStar

VERY STRONG WORDS!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Last edited:
masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
CaliHwyPatrol said:
How fast were you going?

Passing an officer isn't illegal unless he/she has their lights flashing. But if you exceeded the speed limit while doing that, then it is your own fault. :)

~Chuck
I was 10 mph above limit he said and charged more for what he called aggressive driving. Too bad you can't even exceed the speed limit only to pass some others. Their lights were not flashing. I pleaded guilty of all charges Sir...hehehhee

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
masak_aer said:
I was 10 mph above limit he said and charged more for what he called aggressive driving. Too bad you can't even exceed the speed limit only to pass some others. Their lights were not flashing. I pleaded guilty of all charges Sir...hehehhee
Most officers (that I know) won't ticket if you are just getting around someone. Also, unless there was something that the officer felt you were being unsafe about, he shouldn't have ticketed you for aggressive driving. But exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph on purpose in front of a cop is asking for an unsafe speed citation! :p

~Chuck

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
CaliHwyPatrol said:
. But exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph on purpose in front of a cop is asking for an unsafe speed citation! :p

~Chuck
Ohhh..believe me..I learnt that the CASH way..:D . The thing that bugged me was that he didn't even say a good morning...so his morning must have been sucked! He just went straight to yelling... That's an attitude i felt bad about.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Sheep, I read your story luaghing out loud (not at the situation, but just how you described it).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis