IE 9 Beta now available for download

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
IE9 is pretty good... It's introduced a minimalist design, boasts better Internet protection, and runs each window as it's own process. However, Google Chrome has offered all of these features since it's release. IE tends to be lax in the extension department, while Chrome offers excellent extensions that provide a better browsing experience. Additionally, Chrome is supported on XPsp3 and up... IE9 will eventually be released as a Windows 7 SP1-only program.

But try it out and let us know how it works... I haven't spent much time with it as of yet and haven't had a chance to run acid tests or load times in different browsers.

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
I just downloaded and installed it myself. I'll give my feedback after a day of using it.

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
It didn't work for me at all. I had to unload it and go back to 8.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I installed it on my laptop, it installed just fine, but I didn't really play with it too much.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Or because I rarely use my laptop... but it looks kinda nice, I still have to just sit down and check it out.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I like it so far

I am using IE9 as I type.:D

The usable screen size is "bigger" because the address bar and "all that" are more "integrated" and simplified.

It may be a little "faster" than IE8, but I'm not 100% certain.:D

So far I have no issues with IE9. I like it so far.

I believe I will keep using IE9.:D

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I have it installed and have played with it a bit. It looks and feels like Chrome. It's very minimalistic.

I will continue using Firefox because I have a set of extensions that are not available on any other browser and I cannot browse without them. ;)

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
IE will probably never catch up to Safari, Chrome or Firefox. On a Mac or PC Chrome and Safari reign supreme and countless reviews on performance have confirmed this. At one time they actually had the best browser for Mac. Who would have thought that Apple would have a browser that beats the pants off IE on windows.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis