Identity Theft and Breeches reported.

Trcu9

Trcu9

Audioholic Intern
I've been dealing with identity theft for over a decade and a half probably goes back longer than that. I suspect a family member going all the way back to my young adulthood in my twenties. But the last 12 year's or so is the worse with the internet and all since I started using internet in the mid 90's.

I found that over 31 times my identity was used, which includes date of birth, device type, record modification, SS number, to voter fraud the list is a very long one. Even medical my Medicare also. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to have it wiped once your info is out there it can be used many times over.

Who on AH has experienced identity theft?
This isn't something that is easily detected at first. Hackers are very crafted at hiding the criminal activity. Just look at a few of the big corporations (Equifax) (Sony) just to name two, that got hacked and didn't realize till the damage was done completely.

Sony had to go back to using, card filing system if I remember right. I'd have to get a whole new identity just about.

Trcu9

Trcu9

Audioholic Intern
Any others on this website or FB has had their phone number spoofed? What about your P.C.? Apple iMac? I had two HP Pavilion and a laptop that crashed got the blue screen of death.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I've been dealing with identity theft for over a decade and a half probably goes back longer than that. I suspect a family member going all the way back to my young adulthood in my twenties. But the last 12 year's or so is the worse with the internet and all since I started using internet in the mid 90's.

I found that over 31 times my identity was used, which includes date of birth, device type, record modification, SS number, to voter fraud the list is a very long one. Even medical my Medicare also. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to have it wiped once your info is out there it can be used many times over.

Who on AH has experienced identity theft?
This isn't something that is easily detected at first. Hackers are very crafted at hiding the criminal activity. Just look at a few of the big corporations (Equifax) (Sony) just to name two, that got hacked and didn't realize till the damage was done completely.

Sony had to go back to using, card filing system if I remember right. I'd have to get a whole new identity just about.
What form of the internet were you using in the mid-'90s?

Trcu9

Trcu9

Audioholic Intern
What form of the internet were you using in the mid-'90s?
The old phone dial-up. Doesn't really matter nothing can wipe your info from the dark web.
I opened up this thread to give a head's up to AH members. I'm dealing with damage control on a day to day basically.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Trcu9

Trcu9

Audioholic Intern
Really while I sympathize with your predicament, You really don't have to put up with it, Simply changing you account details, driving license numbers, medicare, etc. Will end the threat of identity fraud.

We have recently had a problem here [ aus ] with a major carrier, Optus, People simply applied for all there details to be changed. See links

https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/09/26/optus-hack-cyberattack-reform/
https://cybershack.com.au/news/optus-hack-an-update/
Very Big Thank You!! I reported it the the local Police they could care less . I'll surly try this out. I witnessed a Police shoot a person about two weeks ago. Then they covered up the crime scene..

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks to T-Mobile, my social security, password (which I don't use the same password for anything), checking, and drivers license number.

1) Lock your credit on all three credit bureau (Equifax, Experian, Transunion)

This will stop anyone from applying for credit, because they will not be able apply unless you go and unlock it

2) If you believe your SS# is being used for employement etc, and you have cause, you can have your SS# changed

It's a last resort and a very long process, if you do number 1 you should be fine

Sign up for credit monitoring (LifeLock) is a really good one so if anyone uses your credit, applies for credit, you will know

Use complicated passwords, and don't use the same password on more than one application. Use a password tool like Log Me In, etc that can keep track and protect your passwords.

Nothing is 100% full proof, but these steps will make it much more difficlut.

Trcu9

Trcu9

Audioholic Intern
Thanks to T-Mobile, my social security, password (which I don't use the same password for anything), checking, and drivers license number.

1) Lock your credit on all three credit bureau (Equifax, Experian, Transunion)

This will stop anyone from applying for credit, because they will not be able apply unless you go and unlock it

2) If you believe your SS# is being used for employement etc, and you have cause, you can have your SS# changed

It's a last resort and a very long process, if you do number 1 you should be fine

Sign up for credit monitoring (LifeLock) is a really good one so if anyone uses your credit, applies for credit, you will know

Use complicated passwords, and don't use the same password on more than one application. Use a password tool like Log Me In, etc that can keep track and protect your passwords.

Nothing is 100% full proof, but these steps will make it much more difficlut.
Here is a pic of just a few, this being the internet anyone can say anything.

So here's pic of some of the breeches.

IMG_20221017_063444_302~2.jpg

Now I spoke with a identity theft restoration expert. It can cost a ton to try and wipe my info.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

The old phone dial-up. Doesn't really matter nothing can wipe your info from the dark web.
I opened up this thread to give a head's up to AH members. I'm dealing with damage control on a day to day basically.
I had all but forgotten dial-up since I didn't have a computer at the time, although a friend was active on bulletin boards in the mid-'80s.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I had all but forgotten dial-up since I didn't have a computer at the time, although a friend was active on bulletin boards in the mid-'80s.
I remember my 1200 baud modem on my Commodore 64 going to a BBS to download games on my floppy drive. I was in 6th grade at the time.

highfigh

highfigh

I remember my 1200 baud modem on my Commodore 64 going to a BBS to download games on my floppy drive. I was in 6th grade at the time.
My friend started with either a Trash 80 or a TI-99/4A and IIRC, his modem was good for a blistering 800 BAUD. He graduated to a Commodore, but this was early-'80s and we were in our mid-20s- we didn't have no new-fangled computin' machines when we were kids, we were outside playing and getting into some mischief.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
My friend started with either a Trash 80 or a TI-99/4A and IIRC, his modem was good for a blistering 800 BAUD. He graduated to a Commodore, but this was early-'80s and we were in our mid-20s- we didn't have no new-fangled computin' machines when we were kids, we were outside playing and getting into some mischief.
My first modem was 1200 BAUD. A whopping 50% faster than 800.

Trcu9

Trcu9

Audioholic Intern
Mikey, you have so many troubles....
I'll take your comment into consideration.
Thank you for your concern.

Anything else you'd like to add to your comment about me?
Something in the line of encouragement?

Chris,.. you may or may not be aware outside of what I've posted up on AH. Going back to 2011, you float around AH.

This being a Steam Vent thread your more then welcome to state and or post your comments as you feel. But with that said who doesn't have troubles.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL Mikey.....you well could be the poster boy for how to get your identity stolen so many times, how to avoid it I don't know. Let me say that you having so many problems with something like this is just shocking I tell you, just so hard to believe. Herschel has mentioned he has multiple personalities, and figured you at least know who he is, and you're the one compelled to have so many IDs here....get it.....yet you do manage to "shine" thru. I do extend my condolences to you in any case, dealing with stolen id wouldn't be fun....

Trcu9

Trcu9

Audioholic Intern
LOL Mikey.....you well could be the poster boy for how to get your identity stolen so many times, how to avoid it I don't know. Let me say that you having so many problems with something like this is just shocking I tell you, just so hard to believe. Herschel has mentioned he has multiple personalities, and figured you at least know who he is, and you're the one compelled to have so many IDs here....get it.....yet you do manage to "shine" thru. I do extend my condolences to you in any case, dealing with stolen id wouldn't be fun....
Your definitely in need of some kind of help. Jesus is your answer. I've ask you kindly to stop with your condescending comments you will be reported

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your definitely in need of some kind of help. Jesus is your answer. I've ask you kindly to stop with your condescending comments you will be reported
LOL Jesus like in the Big Lebowski? Go ahead, report me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis