Icon Audio Stereo 60 tube amp

M

Mpho

Audiophyte
My neighbor is selling his late father’s Icon Audio Stereo 60 tube integrated amplifier at a very low price. I’m a novice when it comes to tube amps. The amp comes standard with KT150 tubes.

My current set up is Marantz PM 11S3 Integrated amp, Marantz SA15 SACD player, Marantz TT15 S1 Turntables, Bowers & Wilkins 702 S2. I’m just curious if the purchase will be worth it. I’ve been searching for reviews on this tube amplifier but I’m not winning.

Attachments

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
My neighbor is selling his late father’s Icon Audio Stereo 60 tube integrated amplifier at a very low price. I’m a novice when it comes to tube amps. The amp comes standard with KT150 tubes.

My current set up is Marantz PM 11S3 Integrated amp, Marantz SA15 SACD player, Marantz TT15 S1 Turntables, Bowers & Wilkins 702 S2. I’m just curious if the purchase will be worth it. I’ve been searching for reviews on this tube amplifier but I’m not winning.
I just did a quick search on Google and came up with plenty right on the first page.

icon audio 60 watt tube amp

It looks like a tube amp that's earning between $2000 and $3500 on the market.
If you have a chance to get it "at a very low price" what does that actually mean?
How low is low?

It has the bones and structure (types of tubes and layout) to perform pretty well as a tuber.

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Other than the vintage look, I’m not sure if this is better than your Marantz as an Integrated amp, but it sure looks cool! Depending on the price, you could probably sell your Marantz and put some $$$ in your pocket!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis