I want to upgrade from my Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS receiver with a new Pioneer Elite receiver. What is my best choice?

C

CalvinCP07

Audiophyte
I want to upgrade from my Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS receiver with a new Pioneer Elite receiver. What is my best choice?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The one that if you're changing, gives you the additional functionality you want? Why are you changing particularly?

C

CalvinCP07

Audiophyte
One of my input ports is not functioning. I have to use the SAT port for my TV or CABLE and I would like to have Bluetooth capability.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One of my input ports is not functioning. I have to use the SAT port for my TV or CABLE and I would like to have Bluetooth capability.
Just one and you still have more to spare? Bluetooth I can't imagine as a goal compared to the better wifi options.

C

CalvinCP07

Audiophyte
I would like to have wifi capability which is not a option on my current pioneer elite receiver.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
The Elite SC-LX901 is the best choice.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I would like to have wifi capability which is not a option on my current pioneer elite receiver.
You could simply add a generic BT receiver. What lovin is saying is that BT functionality shouldn't be a make/break on an AVR.

Note, my Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS is still in service too! It has seen daily use for ~14 years, but it has been moved to bedroom duty and replaced in the living room with a Denon 4400.

Ledformyhead

Ledformyhead

Junior Audioholic
You can spend the bigger bucks on an Elite SC-LX901 or 801 if you want but look at the SC-LX 701 IMHO. Just purchased one from Accessories for Less down in Florida for just under a grand. Have had it now for about a month and I love it. Replaced an older Elite AVR with this model as well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis