I want to eat your brain and gain your knowledge, calling audio experts !

E

Enki

Audiophyte
Hey guys i enjoy the shear amount of love and wisdom you guys got going with this forum because well i love speakers and bass like yall too but im not very savy at the subject like some of you guys :eek: So ive come fourth with a question. A bsaic question which i would enjoy in depth anyalysis of or broad answers. Im trying to decide what speakers to get next now i am in no way a producer but please dont bias your opinion on "oh well if youre gunna be making music blah blah" just let me know what you think honest opinon. I been contemplating whether i should get these Audioengine A5+ (White) Premium powered bookshelf speakers at Crutchfield.com or these badboys KRK Systems KRK RP8G2 Rokit 8 Powered Reference Studio Monitor w/8in Driver Studio Reference Monitors at Markertek.com . I have a relatively small room and i love to listen to dubstep and hip hop so yeah any type of opinions are welcomed suggestions, feel free to discourage both choices and give me any of your own, please have fun be open borad narrow i really would love the help while learning a thing or two, Please anD thank you :)
BLISS UP :cool:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I believe I've heard both those and I believe I would choose the Rokits. They're $150 cheaper but you have to be able to handle the look of them. They don't exactly blend in.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I believe I've heard both those and I believe I would choose the Rokits. They're $150 cheaper but you have to be able to handle the look of them. They don't exactly blend in.
The Rokits are $250 each.

E

Enki

Audiophyte
True so alex do you still think its a good bargain getting the single one ? i dont mind getting both when i have the money but is it still the better bargain getting one first?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The Rokits are $250 each.
... and the A5's are $400 ... so that's $150 cheaper ... right? :D

edit: whoops ... got it. I still like the Rokits ... even for 100 bucks more.

E

Enki

Audiophyte
Alex your determination has helped lots i think ima get the rokits i can still use just one though right? sorry for n00b questions :eek::rolleyes::confused:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Alex your determination has helped lots i think ima get the rokits i can still use just one though right? sorry for n00b questions :eek::rolleyes::confused:
You really need to get two. One speaker stereo hasn't got all the bugs hammered out of it.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
For dubstep and hiphop you're probably going to want a subwoofer. Otherwise you're going to end up turning the speakers up past their limits and damaging the speakers. I've seen it done before. If it's just for personal listening, I would recommend headphones before recommending those for full range listening. And you definitely need to get two. Mono sound is so 1880.

If you want to continue with looking at speakers, I'm going to suggest the Klipsch Promedia 2.1. They're not the most accurate speakers, but they're definitely fun to listen to and easy to set up.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis