I want an audio education

B

Boo89839

Audiophyte
Hello folks. I have been trying to find out how to get an actual edcation in Audio and video. Or how to get CEDIA certified. Please share any info you may have. I really want to learn how to build speakers and sound designs for spefic rooms. And for video I am very intersted in breaking it down. I want to learn how to analize video, maybe end up in audio video forensics. I am a veteran of the Army and have education benifits I want to use. If I am posting this in the wrong place please let me know. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
CEDIA is a nonprofit trade organization setup to provide certifcations and training for Systems Integrators and Installers. They offer boot camps to provide you training, but they aren't free, and more expensive for "non-members". CEDIA claims that you should already be working in the industry for about a 1 year prior to considering taking the level 1 exam, and is essentially setup to allow employers to send ther employees through this training. The problem is if you are new to audio/ video/ construction/ structured wiring/ audio pronciples/ basic electronics principles/ its going to be a little difficult to find all that information from one source, not to mention getting hired by an employer to send you there at their expense.

That being said, CEDIA does have a list of recommended reading which might help you on their website. That is where I would start. I'd recommend taking a thorough look at their website to get a clear idea of what they are all about.

www.cedia.net

Last edited:
R

Red

Audioholic
Based upon what hopjohn wrote, perhaps you should look into a trade school in your area for something in the electronics field, may be a good place to start spending Uncle Sam's money and getting some of the prereq knowledge

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis