I want advice as a new member

nathanlee

nathanlee

Audiophyte
Hi,

I am a software engineer with a passion for audio technology. I love exploring high fidelity sound systems & staying updated on the latest in home theater setups.
I still want to share & learn as well as start my own conversation to answer my question and learn more.

If there are any posts or resources that are suggested for new users. Please divulge me

I am grateful.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Welcome aboard, simple answer, just peruse the various thread topics till you see something that peaks your interest. You can then post for a reply and go from there.

Myself, I'm not a huge HT guy but 2 channel music playback(LP's and CD/SACD) are my go to

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
You mention this as a passion for tech. Which aspects most interest you, and are you interested more in the engineering aspects or the psycoachoustic aspects? (not that one path doesn't lead to the other, but still).

For my journey, I looked for the debates, read them, then bought all the things to listen for myself.

I do recommend getting trained as a listener, and "The Acoustics and Psycho-acoustics of Speakers in Rooms" is a good book choice.

I also recommend: http://www.roger-russell.com/ (RIP). It's a great history of McIntosh (and by extension audio) as well as a deep dive into the engineering of speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis