I think I made my panel too big... LOL

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
It is currently 6 feet tall and 2 feet wide. Thinking of making them 4 feet tall instead and adding angled horizontal panels along the ceiling all the way around. However, I am thinking that the 2 foot width for the corner/ edge panels is too wide.. Maybe 1.5 feet would be better astetically . Thoughts?

What would you do?

Here is the link to the file in Google Docs: photo of panel

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Regarding the size, I built panels around 2'x4' rigid insulation and found them to be too big. GIK Acoustics' panels are made from the same stock but cut down so the final size is under 2'x4' and that's a better size to handle/hang/look at etc. I had a couple of those too.

Two piecing the panel should be done with top and bottom pieces of the same width and with the bottom being taller. Look at a panel door or Wayne's Coating for design ques. One 2' tall panel at the top going all the way around creates a T-intersection that I don't recall seeing at work so I would avoid that. I want to use the term 'colliding planes' but am a little afraid that somebody who really knows what that term means might take me to school. Leaving a 5/8" reveal in between panels looks sharp if you can get 'em straight. Going with a bigger (6") reveal is considerably more forgiving of inconsistencies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis