I strapped a bunch of batteries to my cables, didn’t improve anything.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
As the title says, I strapped a ton of batteries to my cables and nothing got better. What the heck Audioquest? Could it be that your fancy marketing material is a fallacy!?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You had the batteries backwards :)

A friend lent me some MIT cables before with batteries connected. I tried them for a while and found that they had no impact. Obviously, I gave them back lol.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
As the title says, I strapped a ton of batteries to my cables and nothing got better. What the heck Audioquest? Could it be that your fancy marketing material is a fallacy!?
This really is a new low, directed at the truly stupid and ignorant!

Even if the battery was a million volts, there would be no charge on that dumb center cable. There would only be charge between that cable and the +ve of the battery, which is not connected to anything. This really is a new low in pseudo science marketing. This sort of of scam would not be possible if public education was actually educating, and not busy promoting nonsensical woke BS, like trying to tell young children babies are racist. I'm not making that up, that is happening in the UK.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
This really is a new low, directed at the truly stupid and ignorant!

Even if the battery was a million volts, there would be no charge on that dumb center cable. There would only be charge between that cable and the +ve of the battery, which is not connected to anything. This really is a new low in pseudo science marketing. This sort of of scam would not be possible if public education was actually educating, and not busy promoting nonsensical woke BS, like trying to tell young children babies are racist. I'm not making that up, that is happening in the UK.
We have reached a new level of stupidity as a species.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Didn't @gene test one of the AQ cables with a battery pack?
I just did a search and couldn't find it, though.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
You need the $10k cables. The $5k cables don't work that well. Just an FYI :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Clearly your gear isn't resolving enough for you to hear the difference. Plus your ears suck and you did it wrong.

:p

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Where did you place that ton of batteries? Maybe it was just too much weight pulling on the cable? How much did the floor flex? That may have had an impact.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Where did you place that ton of batteries? Maybe it was just too much weight pulling on the cable? How much did the floor flex? That may have had an impact.
That’s a good point. The batteries weight may have choked off the signal, like when you link a garden hose.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
That was really a good analysis of the expensive Audioquest Zero Advantage speaker cable.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Congratulations. You have learned an important lesson about the high end audio industry. Try not to forget it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis