I pulled the trigger on the TSC LCR3 bookshelfs

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I was also thinking of getting Infinity betas before the LCR3 and after I received the LCR3. I decided to stick with the LCR3s because they were good speakers and I would of got a headache searching for good deals for betas and a matching center.

I bet the cost of living is way cheap over, but probably if im not wrong,the only pro I can think of living in the Philippines is cheap labor for a dedicated Home theater room but expensive shipping for speakers?
Beta's are easy to get, and a matching center is also easy to get.

But the shipping might kill you. Beta's are heavy.

Drako60

Drako60

Enthusiast
I had at first considered the LCR3, but after reading the reviews on the many MTM design i decided to instead go with the LCR2.

I've had the LCR2 plus the P5s surrounds and ASW8 for about a week and a half now, the only problem i had was the RC-1 (the same speaker in the LCR3) had the right posts on the grill broken, with only 2 e-mails to tSc they shipped me a new grill the same day.

I do agree that the RC-1 have lack of bass response as a center speaker it works well, but as a L/R it would i think sound hallow, it does have good mid-range and highs.

The P6's that come with the LCR2 have very good bass response in my opinion, I would recommend sending the LCR3 back and getting the cheaper LCR2, for the better bass response.

The P5's are a good match for the LCR2.

I don't see alot of benefit to the LCR3 package compared to the LCR2 package, combined with the P5's and ASW8 in a small room, its an absolutely beautiful combination.

Fredhizzle

Fredhizzle

Junior Audioholic
Beta's are easy to get, and a matching center is also easy to get.

But the shipping might kill you. Beta's are heavy.
Your right but what I actually meant was, it was going to be a hassel for me tp get a set for under $200 finding the best deals would give me a headache and I really dont like waiting for shipping when I waited for my Atlantic sub and my LCR3s every day felt like a month, I was speaker less for about a 2 weeks

Fredhizzle

Fredhizzle

Junior Audioholic
I had at first considered the LCR3, but after reading the reviews on the many MTM design i decided to instead go with the LCR2.

I've had the LCR2 plus the P5s surrounds and ASW8 for about a week and a half now, the only problem i had was the RC-1 (the same speaker in the LCR3) had the right posts on the grill broken, with only 2 e-mails to tSc they shipped me a new grill the same day.

I do agree that the RC-1 have lack of bass response as a center speaker it works well, but as a L/R it would i think sound hallow, it does have good mid-range and highs.

The P6's that come with the LCR2 have very good bass response in my opinion, I would recommend sending the LCR3 back and getting the cheaper LCR2, for the better bass response.

The P5's are a good match for the LCR2.

I don't see alot of benefit to the LCR3 package compared to the LCR2 package, combined with the P5's and ASW8 in a small room, its an absolutely beautiful combination.

I bought the LCR3 because it was most expensive in the line I expected it to be the flagship model for the ht front package, do you really think the LCR2 are better? I might consider returning them for LCR2 if you really convinced they have better bass. Or should I get Infinitys, theres some good deals on the infintys betas 20s on ebay. Im really tempted to go with the infinities they look really nice and I heard many great things about them.

Drako60

Drako60

Enthusiast
I also thought that the LCR3 would have been the top of the line, I'm no audiophile, but everyone seems to agree that the MTM design is not designed well, and there is a lack of extension in the RC-1 and very little movement.

I believe the larger size of the P6's mid-woof has a lot to do with the added bass, i could add my unproven and highly uneducated reasoning, such as the port being possibly to small for the size of the speakers.

I will say that in my opinion the speakers have amazing clarity and seperation, i was watching Steve Vai, Visual Studio Theories DVD with full orchestra, and being able to pick out the flutes and bells, over the much more pronounced trumpets and trombones was a true pleasure to listen to.

Though i do agree that a sub is needed, i do have them crossed over at 80hz, rather then the lower 60 or 40hz, though they will handle the lower cross over at moderate volume, though the RC-1 doesn't handle it as well as the P6's do.

Fredhizzle

Fredhizzle

Junior Audioholic
has anybody experienced trouble filling out a return form for TSC? I decided to return them and get Infinity betas. When I fill out that form this comes up

"The parameter 'addresses' cannot be an empty string.

Parameter name: addresses"

I tried it on 3 different computers, one xp and one vista I tried it on different browsers like firefox and internet explorer and at&t yahoo and the same comes up do you guys now what the problem is any suggestions will help. I called the service tech but he didnt know what to do, he just told me to download firefox,I told him to fill out the form on mybehalf but he said he couldnt do it something about company policy so he we just exchanged info and he told me nick would contact me but its been a couple of days and he has yet to call me or notify me.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Have you filled out all of the boxes, including the one above the verification number image (even though that one doesn't have a red asterisk by it)?

I'm guessing that you have, but I figured that I'd ask.

Fredhizzle

Fredhizzle

Junior Audioholic
I have I filled out everything even the reason for returning, I don't know what to do

T

TimPFla

Audioholic Intern
If you figure out how to return them, I would suggest at least try the LCR2 as the above poster said. The P6's are really good speakers and I found they do have bass.

Fredhizzle

Fredhizzle

Junior Audioholic
Im set on getting the betas im buying a new Infinity center channel Beta 250 for $54 on criagslist and im planning on buying the beta 20s on ebay. I would give the other TSC speakers a try but at the moment Im not likeing there customer service if its a hassel to get a return form why go through it again.

Fredhizzle

Fredhizzle

Junior Audioholic
I finally resolved the issue with the return form well actually it never worked out for me but I found an alternative. TSC told me they'll be issuing a call tag for return of the LCR3, not sure what a call tag is? Anyways I bought the Infinity Beta C250 from Craigslist and it rocks now Im going to need your guys help on finding Infinity Betas 20's. My budget is $200 shipped from 93727 and make sure the offer is available untill the next 2 weeks from todays date 3/9/09 (the offer has to be valid untill 2 weeks because "After we receive the package back into our warehouse, processing will take 1-2 weeks. Once we process your return, we will credit your account and the full amount of your purchase will be returned to your credit card")

Thanks any suggestions will help I just want to point out that im aware of ebay and tigerdirect betas the tiger direct go over my budget in shipping and ebay..well all the auctions will be over by the next to weeks.

Matt34

Matt34

You aren't going to beat the harman ebay store on the beta 20. My winning bids were from 37 to 45 dollars.

Fredhizzle

Fredhizzle

Junior Audioholic
You aren't going to beat the harman ebay store on the beta 20. My winning bids were from 37 to 45 dollars.

37 to 45 for each? sounds like a good deal comsidering my 200 budget are you implying that shipping will be to much?

N

nick51

Audioholics Approved Vendor
Problem with form

Im set on getting the betas im buying a new Infinity center channel Beta 250 for $54 on criagslist and im planning on buying the beta 20s on ebay. I would give the other TSC speakers a try but at the moment Im not likeing there customer service if its a hassel to get a return form why go through it again.
We're sorry the form malfunctioned. We just added to CS folks during business hours and the form has been fixed. There are many ways to contact us including a link to my email on the about us page. We are always striving to improve our service and will continue to do so as we grow.

Thanks for the feedback

Nick

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
37 to 45 for each? sounds like a good deal comsidering my 200 budget are you implying that shipping will be to much?
The shipping is 18 each. I wish you would have said something last week about this. I could have sold you mien. They were shipped in the original boxes.

FYI the 250 is a very good match for the 20s. You will want some stands for the 20's preferably 24" in height. The Sanus 24" basic foundation is a perfect match for the 20s

Gosh I miss my ole Beta's but I'm building my own.

Fredhizzle

Fredhizzle

Junior Audioholic
The shipping is 18 each. I wish you would have said something last week about this. I could have sold you mien. They were shipped in the original boxes.

FYI the 250 is a very good match for the 20s. You will want some stands for the 20's preferably 24" in height. The Sanus 24" basic foundation is a perfect match for the 20s

Gosh I miss my ole Beta's but I'm building my own.
thanks for the thought... I thought I mentioned earlier in my thread that I was interested in the infinity betas. I have stands I think there sanus too they came free with Onkyo thib from vanns, but im not going to need them because I will be placing them on top of my entertainment center next to the c250. Im going to check out how much you sold them on ebay I eagerly want to know as my internet conection was cut for about 2 days which btw those 2 days felt 2 months. I hopes theres more betas for sale

Fredhizzle

Fredhizzle

Junior Audioholic
awwwwwwww! you sold a the pair for 105 with free shipping I would of paid 150 damn...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis