I need sub for B&W CM9

I

ice cube

Enthusiast
Hi.
What do you recommend for sub.. Do prefer velodyne or B&W sub. There are many models I couldn't choose. My budget 1600$, do I need to give more or less. My room is 12,45x12,50ft.
Bye

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

I’d go with Velodyne, as subwoofers are their specialty. However, if you room is only 12 ft. x 12 ft. you could easily get by with a sub half that price.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah almost any sub is good enough for a room that small. If you just want to match the brands, B&W should be fine too.

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
My room is a bit bigger but I need the sub only for music and I play my music rather medium to low volumes. I was also looking for a sub. When I listened at the dealer, I could not make out any difference between $500 and $1500 sub. need help deciding how ro decide what sub to buy. Would the difference be more obvious when they are both dialed in with the mains at home? My mains are KEF LS50 thar have -3dB at 79 hz and -6db at 50 hz.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Get one of the smaller offering from svs or hsu and you won't regret it. Specifically svs sb1000 or hsu vtf1. Sub doesn't have to match the rest of the speakers
These subs i had mentioned would allow very smooth transition from your speakers to sub, as good if not better than similarly priced b&w or velodyne

J

jjeckelxz5

Enthusiast
I have BMW CM9s and a Velodyne 8 inch Minivee. These are just used for music and I couldn't be happier.

D

Dr. Bob

Junior Audioholic
I was checking out the Hsus online and they claim flat response down to an unbelievable 16Hz for $800. I thought you had to pay $3000 or more for that kind of performance. If I were shopping for a sub, I'd want one of those.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis