I need help setting up a duel receiver system.

C

Cole hernandezz

Audiophyte
I have a Marantz sr6009 and an Integra dtr 30.4 and I want to run two pairs of speakers in sync: B&W CDM-7s and B&W 804 Nautilus series. I’m having trouble finding out how to do this as one stereo system (both receivers running a pair simultaneously). And it would also be helpful if there is a solution that doesn’t require a preamp just because I don’t own a current one and If it does I would also like to know if an old onkyo preamp would suffice. Appreciate the help!

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Depends on the source components. If analog, you can run the Integra’s Zone 2 output to an input on the Marantz. For digital sources, same thing only use the Integra main HDMI output to an HDMI input on the Marantz.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

C

Cole hernandezz

Audiophyte
Thank you for the reply! I will try this as soon as I am able and tell my results.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a Marantz sr6009 and an Integra dtr 30.4 and I want to run two pairs of speakers in sync: B&W CDM-7s and B&W 804 Nautilus series. I’m having trouble finding out how to do this as one stereo system (both receivers running a pair simultaneously). And it would also be helpful if there is a solution that doesn’t require a preamp just because I don’t own a current one and If it does I would also like to know if an old onkyo preamp would suffice. Appreciate the help!
I guess the most important question is: - WHY! On the face of it this sounds like a ghastly insane set up.

C

Cole hernandezz

Audiophyte
I guess the most important question is: - WHY! On the face of it this sounds like a ghastly insane set up.
I want to Bi-amp both pairs and I can’t do that with one receiver, but yes it sounded really good the way I had it before thanks for the compliment!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I want to Bi-amp both pairs and I can’t do that with one receiver, but yes it sounded really good the way I had it before thanks for the compliment!
That won't work, as the HDMI out to screen is not a repeater output for HDCP codes. The DVD input is a repeater input and will only accept a repeater source.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
All this effort to passively bi-amp with avrs? I wouldn't bother. Let alone running two stereo pairs simultaneously....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

So I

I’m not getting sound out of one of the pairs so I don’t know what I’m doing wrong
I told you. The problem is that the HDMI out is an end output. The input is a repeater output. So that DVD input can NOT receive from a screen out. If it could that would blow the whole DRM concept of the HDCP codes.

It is NOT possible to do what you want because of DRM.

C

Cole hernandezz

Audiophyte
Ok didn’t know it wasn’t possible, thanks for the advice anyways.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
If your source component uses analog connections, you could use the analog Zone 2 outputs. There'd be no issues with that.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

C

Cole hernandezz

Audiophyte
I tried that and I do get a signal it’s just extremely weak.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis