I need help. Please. Reciver won't hook up to equalizer

J

jimi loukoutos

Audiophyte
I have a Kentwood Reciver and a technical pro 20 band equalizer im stuck on hooking them up together I'm normally very good with this kinda stuff but I'm drawing a blank. Please help ill send pictures
Or reply so i can email you the pictures

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Again, what model is your receiver. That's like saying you have a Chevy. We need to know if it's an Impala, Sonic, Corvette, Corvair, or whatever.

But, it there is not a button/switch labeled "tape monitor", you're out of luck.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Many recent receivers do not have tape monitors or processor loops that allow for hookup of equalizers. You should list the specific model number of receiver to help you with it.

If the receiver has a tape monitor, then you simply hook up its tape output to the input of the equalizer, and the output of the equalizer to the tape input of the receiver. You then select the source you want to hear normally, and also turn on the tape monitor. But that will not work if it is not a tape monitor and is instead just a regular input and output.

If the receiver has a preąmp output and power ąmp input, you can hook up the EQ there.

See:

How to Hook up an Equalizer: 8 Steps - wikiHow

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The bad news is that there's no way to use that eq with that unit.

The good news is that it does appear to handle both DD and DTS.

The bad news is that it's video switcing is so primitive as to be virtually useless.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis