I need everyone’s opinion and what joy you would go and why.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I"I need everyone’s opinions and wich way You would go and why. I have a 14 by19’ ft room. I am debating on getting a Denon 4300 4400 4500 reciviever or the new3600. I am disabled so why am not able to put ceiling speakers for Atmos" I like a discussion on which unit makes the most sense to purchase. And if side heights or front and rear heights close to the ceiling to get the best atmoish effect? My bed speakers and subsaredoing fine at their pre location. Would like 5.2.4 I just don’t know if side heights or front Heights with rearHeights is the best way to go Dred red Jetta never buy me pros and cons of each concept. I just don’t know if side heights or front Heights with RearHeights is the best way to go good to everybody you meet pros and cons of each concept. I would really appreciate it I would really appreciate it I would really appreciate it

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You'd be fine doing atmos with speakers installed on the wall near the ceiling. 5.2.4 is more than adequate for the effect. As long as your bed layer is solid... dialed in, then putting the Top Front and Top back speakers in place should close the deal on Atmos.
Those seem to be the best positions to get the most of 4-Channel Atmos. Just keep the basic placement guidelines Dolby gives, but install good speakers where the wall and ceiling meet.

If you are going to upgrade to a new reciever, I think I would do the Denon 4500 if you can get a good price on it. The 3600 isn't a bad option... but the 4500 is just personal preference. I think at that level last year, it was more akin to the Marantz SR70xx models whereas the Denon 3x00s were more akin to the SR 50xx models. Its only this year that Denon/Marantz (SoundUnited) started to blur that distinction. But from another current thread here, it seems the 4500 is built a little nicer. :)

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Please excuse my Misspellings I am disabled in my hands and it is hard for me to type
You'd be fine doing atmos with speakers installed on the wall near the ceiling. 5.2.4 is more than adequate for the effect. As long as your bed layer is solid... dialed in, then putting the Top Front and Top back speakers in place should close the deal on Atmos.
Those seem to be the best positions to get the most of 4-Channel Atmos. Just keep the basic placement guidelines Dolby gives, but install good speakers where the wall and ceiling meet.

If you are going to upgrade to a new reciever, I think I would do the Denon 4500 if you can get a good price on it. The 3600 isn't a bad option... but the 4500 is just personal preference. I think at that level last year, it was more akin to the Marantz SR70xx models whereas the Denon 3x00s were more akin to the SR 50xx models. Its only this year that Denon/Marantz (SoundUnited) started to blur that distinction. But from another current thread here, it seems the 4500 is built a little nicer. :)
Ns9

[/QUOTE

Thanks Ryan
I was really hoping this thread would gain a bit more attraction. I am buying Soon and I was looking for a little bit more advice on the subject but
I do respect your opinion tremendously Ryan

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
If you can get the 3500 for $600 that’s a great deal.

What speakers do you have?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If you can get the 3500 for $600 that’s a great deal.

What speakers do you have?
I agree with that.

If you have the budget bumping up to the 4500 wouldn't be a bad option either and I think they're running some good pricing on those right now too.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I have all Klipsch synergy series 5.2 and 2 Klipsch rp400sa Atmos modules mounted 4 feet above the side surrounds making 5.2.2 . I have an Onkyo tx nr 838 which I believe was their first theories that came with Atmos as a firmware update. It only supports 5.2.2. I want the Denon so I can upgrade to 5.2.4. That is why the 3500 is not on my list. Denon also supports DTS/X and it’s up mixers.I also really like the fact that it Calibrate the subwoofers separately. I know it doesn’t EQ them but at least I’ll get the level and delays right. I’m also interested in Learning how to use the Audyssey app.If I need to be corrected or if I am not thinking of anything please let me know.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Accessories 4less has the 3600 refurbished for $120 less than the 4500 refurbished. Would you still go for the 4500?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Are you able to have someone else install the ceiling speakers for Atmos?

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
No I don’t. I’d be willing to pay well also. I had Best Buy over yesterday for an estimate and they quoted over $1000 with me supplying the speakers and wires. That is why I want to know if 4 side heights or 2 front heights and 2 rear heights mounted close to the ceiling would be better . So far I have 1 vote for the front and rear heights. I would use something like SVS prime elevation speakers mounted close to the ceiling.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
No I don’t. I’d be willing to pay well also. I had Best Buy over yesterday for an estimate and they quoted over $1000 with me supplying the speakers and wires. That is why I want to know if 4 side heights or 2 front heights and 2 rear heights mounted close to the ceiling would be better . So far I have 1 vote for the front and rear heights. I would use something like SVS prime elevation speakers mounted close to the ceiling.
I wouldn't use front and rear height... rather top front and top back, positioned to the sides. I think those Preime Elevations would work well for what you are talking about doing.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd weigh in a little more but I haven't even really dipped my toe into anything beyond 5.1 so I don't have a lot to add other than I do think the Prime Elevations will work as top speakers in the right spots.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis